INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the occasional oddness of cover art  (Read 1026 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
the occasional oddness of cover art
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:08:36 am »

happy wednesday everyone... :)

so the smartlist that shows all albums missing cover art doesn't work correctly. or, more precisely, it does what it thinks it should, and that's wrong. the method of looking for any files without a filename set for cover art is one way, but what happens if there's a filename set as cover art but that file is no longer there or has changed its name somehow? i thought i finally had all of my cover art straightened out, but i still see the [ X ] box occasionally in track info - theater view. as the cover art thumbnail shows in the tree view, trying to find the files with corrupt links to art won't be easy - and at just under 50000 albums (you heard me), i am loath to clean it up that way as well.

does anyone have any thoughts? thanks very much...
micah

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: the occasional oddness of cover art
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 05:59:59 am »

here is an idea that might work.
make a playlist with your audio files, Start with only a few. make a column>add expression call it missing image
in the expression type
Code: [Select]
if(IsMissing([Image File]),Yes,No)that seems to work for me.

or make a pane in a view with this expression :)
remember that the ismissing expression can take a long time before it checked everything (it has to look on the disks for every file), so the view or playlist can take a long time to load. you might want to cut the list in pieces with a big library, so that is checks only a limited amount of files. especially if you want to test it first

:)
gab

edit: in your case, with the large library, you could make a smartlist with the collumn as described above, and, presuming that the problem will be the same for every song of an album, make the smart list select only track number 1, and maybe only artists starting with one letter. because im pretty sure that with your library it will take far to long to check all those files in one run. and maybe this will still be to big.

edit2: first make a backup of the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up