INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists not working after restoration of library  (Read 832 times)

Alexis White

Playlists not working after restoration of library
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:26:42 pm »

After replacing my laptop, I reinstalled MC12 and imported the latest backup of my library.  The drive containing all my music files (a Western Digital 160G external drive) had been re-labeled the G drive after Vista recognized my music drive as volume G instead of as volume F (which was the path to my library folders). Drive G is another backup drive.  So I used Vista's own utility to reassign G as F. 

Then I tried to play a playlist, but it refused, instead giving this error message: "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."  I could not manually play tracks by double-clicking on them in their own folders in drive F: moving the cursor over the playlist tracks shows that they are correctly pointing to volume F, and all the files are where they are supposed to be.

I managed to get MC12 to play the playlists correctly twice before the error message re-appeared again, but no luck since then.  I have unisntalled and reinstalled MC12 several times to no avail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up