INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestions for viewing thumnails, better than cover flow  (Read 885 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
suggestions for viewing thumnails, better than cover flow
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:36 pm »

I've played around with cover flow on my brother's computer and while it looks cool it's not real practicle to browse large collections. The usual was I view my albums is with 2 columns. Playing Now with the album thumbnail is on the left 1/3, and artists thumbnails are on the other  2/3. I usually have 5 per row, 3 rows and browse down a page at a time, or by dragging the scrool bar.

How cool would it be if could set MC to do this automatically, every set interval of seconds it goes down one page. Alternatively it could slowly scroll down. It would look kinda like browsing albums in a jukebox, moreso if the albums moved left to right. If it could be made to actually look like a jukebox, with the page flip, how much better.

Of course you could click and interrupt the auto browsing at any time. Normally this is how you would look for music, the scrolling really is just more of a cool effect to watch as you listen to music.

I'm not sure if all this might not be better in the 3rd party thread. I put it here because I think it's of general interest. I was able to get the scrolling mentioned above to work once - clicking the middle button on my mouse brings up auto scroll and by positioning the mouse just below the scroll icon, it slowly scrolled down and it was really cool. Unfortunately once it got to the bottom it of course stopped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up