INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending keyboard to another computer  (Read 1779 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Sending keyboard to another computer
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:53:42 pm »

I'm using a Linkskey 2-port dual monitor KVM switch with audio switching.  I can bind the audio to a computer, which is very useful as I listen to MC while on my Mac.  But the problem is that I use my keyboard volume keys all the time.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a program that would let me send the volume keys over the network to my second computer?  The difficult part would be integrating with my KVM switch...so the keys would get sent when the audio is bound.  So it could get quite tricky.  But it might not be so bad because simply forwarding the volume controls to the opposite computer would do pretty much the basics...so I'd be adjusting both, which would actually give me on screen info, too!  That could be beneficial...

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Sending keyboard to another computer
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:45:08 am »

It almost gets simpler.  Basically, a way to just simultaneously adjust volume on two computers would be perfect.  This way, if I mute my first computer, I won't go to the other one and get blasted.  So now I think I've narrowed it down to a more or less simple task that would be easier to search for.  Any ideas?  I'll keep looking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up