INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Auto-Rip really auto-rip?  (Read 1507 times)

moorek

• Recent member
Does Auto-Rip really auto-rip?
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:14:05 am »

My understanding of auto-rip is that if you insert an audio CD into the optical drive, MC will automatically get the CD info and start ripping (assuming no errors).  Am I wrong in that assessment?

I have auto-rip enabled and auto CD eject enabled (this works) but when I insert an audio CD it basically does nothing.  I have to click on Rip Disc in the action window and manually tell it to start.  After it is done, the CD ejects, insert another CD, but MC just sets there.  It shows the Recently Ripped window and the Rip Progress action window for the last CD is still active (says that it is completed). 

So, I have to close the action window and then click Rip Disc again and complete the cycle.  Auto-Play is set to rip.  I have re-started MC multiple times just to see if it had something to do with sequences but nothing works.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kevin

Media Center 12.0.529 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Core 2 2327 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1132 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: ATAPI   DVD A  DH16A1L    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server (Active/Enabled)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Does Auto-Rip really auto-rip?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:56:52 am »

That should work.  CD info is a different setting.

Check the Windows settings for the drive.

moorek

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:28 am »

I did.  I have it set to Play using MC.  That is the only option I see regarding MC.  There is a Rip using Media Player.

But if it is supposed to work then something must be wrong with my configuration.  Thanks for confirming.  I'll play with it some more.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:45:03 am »

I think you want Windows set to do nothing.

moorek

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:30:09 am »

That's what I had (Windows set to do nothing) before I realized it wasn't working as it should.  I set it to play just because it wasn't working.  Neither settings seem to have any effect.  I think I will set MC up to auto-play just to see if that works.  Thanks.

moorek

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:39:09 am »

Nope.  Auto-play doesn't work either.  I have MC running, nothing playing and then I pop a CD in and there is no response.  I have to go to Drives and Devices, select the drive and then it will allow me to play it.  When I put the CD in there is no activity at all on the optical drive.  It's like MC doesn't try to do anything when a disc is inserted.  Is there anything I can check to make sure that it detects/monitors this drive?  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up