INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Refresh" and auto look-up of tags not working?  (Read 1163 times)

bfranker

"Refresh" and auto look-up of tags not working?
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:23:55 pm »

Hello!  New user here.  Downloaded this to try and "fix" my disaster of a music collection :D 

I'm not sure what's up with the ability to lookup tagging info but I've tried over 100 songs and Media Jukebox only updated one track???  I like Media Jukebox for playing my music but, for whatever reason, it is not working well at all to "fix" my tags and add album art.  I've been using another program to fix my MP3 tags and add album art but then I can't figure out how to get Media Jukebox to "refresh" so it brings in the new tags.

For example, I have a folder with 100 songs.  Maybe 20 of them have album art.  I import this folder into Media Jukebox and it shows the 20 songs with album art.  I then use another program to add the album art to the other 80 songs and lyrics to everything.  Right now, the only way I can figure out how to get Media Jukebox to "see" the new tags is to delete everything and then import the folder again.  Currently this isn't a huge deal because I don't have any music really loaded and am just looking at small folders.  But, when I get things "in order" and have 2000 songs in my Audio section then add say 10 more and then use a different program to update the tags, I don't want to have to delete all 2010 songs and re-import them just to see the updated tags for the 10 songs. 

Am I missing something here? LOL!  I've searched the help file and the board and nobody else seems to have this problem so I'm sure it's just me but I can't find it.

And, if you have an idea why the YADB isn't working hardly at all, that would be great too!  Would love to use just one program to do ALL my stuff if you know what I mean :D  I don't believe it is related to a firewall issue because I get no errors (and it worked with ONE) and it looks at the online database but just doesn't update anything... except for the one time it always says "file information was retrieved for 0 of xx files"?  What is a bit weird here is the help file it says to go to "Tools > Options > CD & DVD, Enable online disc lookup."  I don't have that option???  Also, I know this looks to be specifically for CDs but when I right click on an MP3 or group of MP3s it gives me the option to look-up the tag info online... it just doesn't seem to work for individual MP3s. Is this normal?

Thanks!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up