INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: high bitrate conversion question  (Read 881 times)

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
high bitrate conversion question
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:28:22 pm »

OK, after solving other problems, I'm left with a question about the "Convert unsupported formats and high bitrates" option:

What bitrate value does MC consider 'high'?

As it stands now, MC is converting all of my IPOD-unsupported formats (to VBR normal w/MC's converter) and all of my .mp3s (the highest bitrates are cbr.320 & vbr.320) are being left alone, unstacked/cached.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere; I didn't find it. I did, however, read this topic:
Sync with handheld: How to re-encode only files with high bit rates? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39687.0

and want to bump AlexB's suggestion:
Here's a feature request:

Make possible to add the maximum allowed bitrate for each format in the "Supported Types" handheld option. This bitrate value would be taken into account when the "Convert Unsupported Formats and High Bitrates " option is selected.

For example, a list like

mp3(160);wma(191);m4a

would
- convert mp3 only if the bitrate is more than 160 kbps

It'd be useful (for me at least) to be able to disable MC's default behavior and instead specify certain tracks that I want to be converted - ie via a field, or as suggested above, or maybe via an expression (ie, go ahead and convert the mp3s in this directory above 160 but in the other directories, just the m4as, regardless of bitrate) - and then to be able to just un-check this and have the default MC behavior resume.
Pages: [1]   Go Up