INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M2t & Purevideo  (Read 1204 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
M2t & Purevideo
« on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:34 am »

I'm playing M2t files and the deinterlacing that FFDSHOW just ins't cutting it.  VLAN plays them great but I'd like a one stop shop with MC.  So I'm looking at Pureviedo by NVIDIA.  Has anyone used with particularly for m2t?  How is the deinterlacing?

Thanks.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: M2t & Purevideo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:45:56 pm »

Okay I've installed it but it doesn't seem to be working.  I also have ffdshow on my comp so is it a case where I have to uninstall FFDSHOW?

I select Nvida decoder in the filters...when I'm playing the file it shows that i'm using it but I'm not.  The purevideo icon does not show up in the taskbar and when I select it from the filters list while I'm playing the video there is no measure of mbps...although there is a small spike when the next m2t file plays.

Any ideas?  I have ffdshow set up the way I want to I don't really want to uninstall without know if that will work.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:23:19 pm »

Anybody?  Nobody here is using purevideo?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:32:14 pm »

I believe that selecting a filter doesn't have any effect until you stop and re-start.

Did you search for purevideo here?  I've seen other posts.  Try this board at AVSForum, too:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »

Sorry...that link only took me to a main page...I didn't get anything out of it.

Thanks for your help.

I'm curious though that nobody else is playing home video in M2t format and having a deinterlacing issue.  What else can solve the problem...are newer versions of FFDSHOW better at deinterlacing?  And is it in fact FFDSHOW that is deinterlacing or is it VMR9?
Pages: [1]   Go Up