INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload video (wmv) to local gallery (webpage)?  (Read 1086 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Upload video (wmv) to local gallery (webpage)?
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:37 pm »

I just uploaded some pictures and a video (wmv) to my webpage via send to local gallery.
I noticed that the video was being transcoded from wmv to swf. I'd prefer keeping the wmv, but that's not the issue. The video doesn't play.  The only way to get the player window in the resulting index or thumnail page on the website is to select "full page", but when I press "play" either on the player or the big play button in the video window, I just get black.

Has anyone succesfully uploaded video via upload to gallery?

btw, I know html, so I tried to modify the resulting index and thumbnail page to point to a html page I've created for the wmv file, but there's a lot of scripting (java?) in the page, and try as I might, I couldn't get it to go.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upload video (wmv) to local gallery (webpage)?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:21:37 am »

Turns out that using the "basic" template works and plays the video in native wmv. I had tried the "slideshow gray" previously, and that's the one that gave me problems.

I looked for the templates used during the export, and couldn't find them.
Where are they located, so that I could modify them/create my own?

Edit:  ok, found the location. In case anyone else wants it:  C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Web Gallery
Found some useful info in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39719.50
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up