INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Media Center Experience Have Questions, Need Suggestions  (Read 1320 times)

Puffkin123

• Recent member
My Media Center Experience Have Questions, Need Suggestions
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:49:34 am »

My First media center was XBMC... would is amazing, probably one of my best game consoles becuase of XBMC surpassing both my 360 and Wii. It's great for music, with its visualizations and videos for its wide range of support.

Just one flaw, no HD support. So Im deciding to upgrade. I have a 130' projector in my living room for parties and like to switch back and forth from music to music videos (I got a library of 700) I like it to be an easy interface for people to be able to queue and change songs.

Looking for HD support and great visuals, I came to the conclusion that I should have a dedicated Media PC hooked up to my Projector. After playing with theater mode for a little while I came up with a few questions. Can I bypass the Show Menu so that when i select a Genre/Artist/Song it goes directly into the next folder until it reaches the song which would be played if pressing enter? Any maybe have a substitute button for my remote/keyboard that would bring up this show menu. Also when I was scrolling through videos I couldn't seem to find out how to arrange the videos in details rather then in thumbnails.. Is this possible? and can videos be cropped and changed to different aspect ratios in theater mode?   I would appreciate any help..

I'm also planning on using this media center on my LCD in my room in dual screen mode. After using Windows Media Center for a little while I started getting frustrated with having to click into WMC on my 2nd screen to be able to control it and then having my mouse get locked into that screen. Does Media Center 12 have any support for being able to simultaneously control your computer while using a remote to control the media center on a 2nd screen? I'd appreciate any suggestions.. THANKS

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: My Media Center Experience Have Questions, Need Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:49 am »

Hi there.

The hide "show menu" thing is a neat little option JRiver have added to version 13. Stand by for that... The VK_APPS or "menu" key present on most keyboards allows you to bring up the context menu at any time. So, if your remote supports custom keys, this will work nicely for you.

To arrange any view (not just videos) hit the "Views" button on the left-hand-side navigation area. You can toggle betweem thumbs, lists etc PLUS select any other view you may have defined.

In full screen and while the video is playing, use the arrow keys to scroll thru the various On Screen Display (OSD) menu options of which aspect ratio is one. You can also zoom etc too. Many options in there for many different things.

I know MC supports dual screens but I don't use it this way so I'm not the best person to answer this. Maybe try a search on this forum for answers if you havn't done so already or try the wiki.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:40 am »

Can I bypass the Show Menu so that when i select a Genre/Artist/Song it goes directly into the next folder until it reaches the song which would be played if pressing enter? Any maybe have a substitute button for my remote/keyboard that would bring up this show menu.

This was added to Media Center 13.  An early preview is available now to registered forum users.

Also when I was scrolling through videos I couldn't seem to find out how to arrange the videos in details rather then in thumbnails.. Is this possible?

Try the "Views" button and pick "Toggle Thumbnails/Details/Lineup".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Puffkin123

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:06:14 pm »

Try the "Views" button and pick "Toggle Thumbnails/Details/Lineup".

Thanks.. I've been able to get the videos into Detailed view, but now i'm trying to View in "Disk Location" But after going to my file with all my videos in it.. its not showing up in alphabetical order.. is there any possible way of doing this.. Can you also customize your own Views to work with theater mode.. Like instead of using "Filetype\Genre\Name" I could make it use  "Genre\Artist\Name" For Videos
Pages: [1]   Go Up