INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please offer/add "old" Theatre View  (Read 1453 times)

dvdr

• Recent member
Please offer/add "old" Theatre View
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:02 am »

Reason for asking for this:
I have been running Version 11 successfully in a complete home integration, controlling it with a touchpanel. It is one of those touch-sensitive ones, where you really have to press on the screen rather than just slightly touching it. After upgrading to version 12, the new theatre view is beautiful, but I cannot use it with the touch-panel anymore, since dragging and clicking is somehow strange - I never am able to do anything to really bring up the play-commands or scroll a list or whatever....
So: please add the old theatre view as an option (should be possible in configure theatre view, shouldn't it?)...
Thanks for considering, and please: give a quick answer, whether it is possible, considered or done within an update... Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Please offer/add "old" Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:47:41 am »

The Theater View in Media Center 12 should work with a touch pad.

Try showing the Page Up and Page Down buttons in Options > Theater View.  That gives a nice way to scroll lists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dvdr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:33:54 am »

Matt, thanks for answering - that helped!!!!!
Congrats for your continous improvements on MC. May I add one remark: please keep up your work and an eye on UPNP. The features, MC offers when working in "normal" mode would be the most desired features when working in the UPNP-domain. No other software including Twonky would offer as much features and user-friendlyness like MC - especially, when it comes to tag-support adn scripting of music-trees. Twonky is rudimentary when it comes to sorting large collections , especially for classical and jazz music - they don't even offer support of some of the important tags for this kind of music.
So: MC would be choice #1, if UPNP support (let's talk about Flac, and support of Media Renderers like the amazing LINN DS Series) would be enhanced. Give it a shot, please ;-)

Thanks!

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:44 am »

Now HOLD on just a darn cotton pickin' minute!  I've been contemplating doing this same thing for months!  Put an LCD in the wall with a nice bessel, pushed up tight to the monitor with thick foam (snug sealed fit).  Then, below, near the ground, have a tasteful door that you can lock & open.  Open it and you'll find a hole in the wall for a thin computer with 2 ethernet ports & 2 power plugs.  Cables hanging down from the LCD...

So what monitors are you using?  I'm intrigued!

dvdr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

Hi

I don't want to post a direct link, but go to Ebay Germany and do a search for

Touchscreen 8" 4:3 TFT LCD Monitor mit VGA AV Silber

That looks just like the one I am using - price has been about the same a few years ago. A little small screen sometimes (800x600 pixels native), but cheap, . There's tons of that one on ebay, and there's also bigger ones. If you're doing some research: don't look under computer related stuff, look out for monitors for in-car-movie...

An additional tip: I have one of those PDA-phones with Windows Mobile. I use that with NetRemote to control playback in other parts of the flat via WirelessLan. Pretty good software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up