INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED ]Problem converting Ape + cue -> FLAC  (Read 1333 times)

bugmenot

• Recent member
[SOLVED ]Problem converting Ape + cue -> FLAC
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »

Hi,

I have a whole discography fo ACDC in ape + cue which I wanted to convert to FLAC. The first songs works perfectly while all the others on same CD are bogus. The second file of every converted cd always shows the right duration but only play de last 3 seconds of songs. The file size seem to be alright at 30mb. The third to the last seems to be ok when playing , the duration is listed in the detailed pane, but when playing file I can't seek and I only see counter witout duration like it don't know the duration of track. When I play the ape + cue everything works perfectly. So it seems to reside in the conversion. Is it possible to investigate?

I also noted that when we convert an ape file + cue, since every file is hosted in one, when you convert and ask to remove the file after conversion, it converts the first and after delete the ape file, so all the others crash. Should it just delete the file when the ape is over?

Thank you

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Problem converting Ape + cue -> FLAC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:36 pm »

MC is not fully tweaked for cue conversions. You can use it for that, but you need to disable the "Update database" and "Send original file to the recycle bin" options.

Here's more info about the "Update database" problem: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47941.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bugmenot

• Recent member
Re: Problem converting Ape + cue -> FLAC
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »

you need to disable the "Update database" and "Send original file to the recycle bin" options.

Send original file to the recycle bin was already disabled but not the Update Database. Reverted back to ape and did it again and worked like a charm.

Resolved

Thx

Pages: [1]   Go Up