INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: www.cdcovers.cc ERROR:ad blocker found  (Read 2307 times)

zevele1

www.cdcovers.cc ERROR:ad blocker found
« on: July 27, 2002, 03:19:39 am »

We have detected that you are using some sort of ad-blocking software,please understand that we are able to run this site due to our sponsors[Ad's] and if you choose to block them,we will be unable to display this site to you

please shut off your ad-blocking software and click here to revedit our site!

Site protected by ;Antiadbuster Pro

Good start for a week-end of topics post....

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:www.cdcovers.cc ERROR:ad blocker found
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 04:06:21 am »

Your Using ZoneAlarm Pro Version 3?

You Must Have The PopUps\Page Adds Blocked.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 04:30:58 am »

I came across an article a while back that said companies were going to start making anti-ad-blocking pop-ups. Did that make sense? Anyway, I think it was on cnet's site. They were kind of between a rock and a hard place about whether to post such software on their download site because of a conflict of interests. There's that 'money talks' rubbish again. The ad sponsers do not want that kind of stuff available for obvious reasons.

Listening to: 'When I Leave Here' from 'Handful Of Blues' by 'Robben Ford' on Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 04:38:48 am »

I do not block page adds, but i do block popups, and if i can't get access without popups, so be it.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 04:58:36 am »

KingSparta,

I think it was for the little pop-up, pop-under ads. You know they typically throw a cookie on your machine also. The pop-ups that is. Run Ad-aware, remove any suspect cookies. Next go back and visit a known pop-up site. Run Ad-aware again and see if you have something from Double Click, or one of the others, back on computer.

Double Click says you can have a cookie placed on your machine that will prevent your surfing habits from being used. Yeah right. Do a Google search for pop-up busting software. One site had a listing of such stuff, and a way to enter some info into a file that your machine uses for cookies. I forget what it is right now. But it tricks sites into believing there is already a cookie in place. Therefore, no new cookie is placed on your box. But, I gotta think there is an equal way for ad sponsers to get around this, too.

Kind of an evolutionary Internet arms race. Who has the best survival skills, ad sponsers, or users. MONEY TALKS......

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 05:49:28 am »

you can do this on cnet\download .com also when posting MJ reviews.

I use CleanSweep To Clear The Cookies
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 08:42:38 am »

In fact cause i'am akways just after\just before a new install,i do not bother to set my programs with sophisticated  settings
My computer is back to the shop in few hours and let's hope this time the good one.
I set ZoneAlarm fast ,to block pop-up ads.Even do not know if you can block or pop-up or\and ads.
I do not mean static ads on a site who gives me free something i need\like.
I cannot stand pop-up ads,and -new since few months-sites that pop-up download windows to download such programs as Gator.One day or another you are f..d and get the download started.
Like King if i get this kind of things,or if pop-up windows when my program set to block them,i just do not go again to they sites.
But i send them an email telling this.
Now Doubleclick and so on are not really spyware,but yes a kind of
Any new browser-except Internet Explore of cause-has a cookies manager.
You can see witch cookies you have on your computer,and block them for good.The same with most of the cookies manager

Concerning cdcovers they not only have static ads ,but pop-up windows for "great softwares'
Will not use it,will not ,as it was my project upload loads of sleeves
And i sent them an email
Not because of they static ads ,but of the pop-up

But this opens another debat
What are you ready to accept for a free service?
Are you ready to pay for 'clean 'services?

On my side ,as with Yahoo!I try to rich a fair deal.
I get services i love.They have a very clear policy
So i set all to get them results and not to be annoyed each time i use it
But the problem is that the web world is a world of tugs.Most of the time it is all behind your back and unfair methods

Ready to pay?Most of the time NO.You spend $50|PLS| a month for the connection,and this would be only the price to pay to spend money?
Do you want to spend more on the net than your on your mortgage?

Do you have to pay $50|PLS| a month to acces your mail to shop?
No of cause,not only this but if you buy,you get free parking

There is something wrong with the net. Now we have the Antiadbuster program,in no time we will have the anti-antiadbuster program

I'am not sure to like this new world.At every street corner there is a rip of.You stole music because they are so idiot that they do not sell it to you.And you spend more hours re-taging the songs than listening to the music.You want to see a free page and they put a spy on you machine
You think you do not have to pay for a software,so you use a crack.You have a problem,so you hacks other people computer

Is this life?

gvag

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 12:54:27 pm »

Hey Zev -

Same s--t different pile or as a count in an old novel said, "Things change so that they may remain the same."

The internet, being connected, digital cable, somedays it reminds me of sharing places to live in my youth, the excitement of new beginnings followed by the inevitable resolution to the rule of entropy, complex systems devolve to less complex systems, and all interactions tend to find the lowest common denominator.

Data smog leads to mind rot and I have to smile when I read some senator's comments about the need to protect content providers from piracy.  (I'm showing my grey today, content used to imply substance) Today I have at the click of a button access to more "information" then I could access in a thousand lifetimes and the bulk of it is without authority and without ascription(?).  And in the end its what the facts don't tell me that I really want to know.

Arrgh!  It probably just the heat.  Right?

Take care.

BigMike

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 08:38:52 am »

Personally, I believe advertising is out of control. America worries more about how to hype and sale a product, than how to make a product. Us old timers remember when magazines had most of the ads in the back, and the rest of the magazine was articles. Now the whole magazine is nothing but ads. TV programs have so many commercials anymore, that watching them is an almost painful experience -especially considering how corporate America considers everybody to be morons, so the commercials are usually insulting to one's intelligence. I swear if they could get away with it, marketers would be showing comercials on the inside of your eyelids! :)

When it comes to advertising on the internet, it is really out of control. I swear many people put up sites with no other intent but to stuff it with every pop-up window they can. It's a waste of bandwidth, and it slows down and crashes peoples systems. Don't ya just love the ones that change your homepage? :) Commercial sites that have pop-up ads unrelated to their own products is just rediculous in my opinion. Small sites that provide a service and need help with the expenses should you options such as paypal (is that still around?) for donations, or run the ads on the page as opposed to pop-up attacks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 08:45:21 am »

>> options such as paypal (is that still around?
Yes E-Bay Bought Them A Few Weeks Ago, For Nice Price Tag.

Listening to: 'A Night To Remember' from 'Funky Disco 1 (Disc 2)' by 'Shalamar' on Media Jukebox

KingSparta's Media Server 24.88.229.242:8
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Scronch

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 10:50:30 pm »

>from 'Funky Disco 1 (Disc 2)'

You have my sympathies.  I hope you recover.  Maybe try some Booty Bass next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up