INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving album art via expressions/smartlist?  (Read 1041 times)

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
moving album art via expressions/smartlist?
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:38:41 am »

With the MC13 release I've started going through my library and cleaning up/changing things that I've wanted
to for a while but have been putting off - one of these is starting to put all of my cover art into the directory
of the album it goes with instead of having one huge directory with ALL of my images in it. Moving the cover
art already in this directory, however, and moving it to the correct location is where I'm stuck.

The problem is that the image files are stored with [Genre]=Artwork and my audio file renaming scheme is based largely on the
songs' [Genre]. I need to somehow get the [Genre] associated with the Album into the cover art file's tags.  The images are
generally named "[Artist] - [Album] - [front/back/...]" Is there any way to show, for instance, all of my "Classic Rock" genre songs
grouped by Album, then include only the images that have the same [Artist]-[Album] tags as these audio files, so I can then
change the artwork's [Genre] (or any field) to be "Classic Rock"?  I'm guessing I'm stuck with the 1-at-a-time/small-groups-at-a-time
methods but hoping maybe someone can suggest something?

Pages: [1]   Go Up