INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need stack help  (Read 1560 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Need stack help
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:14:27 am »

Scenario:

Top of stack is a flac file.
Also in stack is an mp3 copy of the song.

If I rate the flac file, then that change flows down to the mp3 in the stack correctly.
I know that if the mp3 gets rated, the change doesn't get populated uphill to the flac (by design).

So, I need to create a viewscheme that will show me when the flac file's rating and the stacked mp3 file's rating do not match.

Any of you expression writing masters have a clue for me?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Need stack help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:34:28 pm »

make a smartlist using the following rule:[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Stack Top]=-1 ~d=a ~dup=[Album],[Artist],[Name],[Rating]

Next, download the attached file linked below, and extract the .jvi file into your "app data\jriver\mc13\library\saved views\" folder.

Right click on Audio in MC and add view, and select "out of sync ratings in audio stacks" :)

Because of the playlist id system, you will then need to 'customise the view', click on 'advanced' in the far right pane, then 'set rules for file display' and you should see that the playlist rule is empty. Select the playlist you made earlier from the dropdown list and OK your way back out.

What's left should be all the out of sync ratings, grouped by name.

Note:
This view scheme, and the controlling smartlist, force stacked files to be displayed regardless of the stacks expanded or collapsed status. This allows you to work on the entire stack without needing to expand it first, but, remember that while it appears that your working on the individual files, any tag changes you make to the 'stack top' file, will be propogated down to all stack members. This only affects changes to the top file. Changes made to other stack members will only apply to the selected file.

-marko.

Edit "An error has occurred - The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved. :(

Get the jvi file from here instead.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Need stack help
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 11:20:24 pm »

This worked a treat, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up