INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Customize View for Playlists and Smartlists  (Read 2623 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Need Customize View for Playlists and Smartlists
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:56 pm »

So, I'm going through getting all set up in MC13.  It's actually going incredibly smoothly.  The new Customize View dialog rocks, and has made setting this all up SO much more simple.

The only problem is that we can't use it for Playlists, which makes editing the Columns to Show in details mode (and other settings) for Playlists and Smartlists a major pain.  The only way to do it currently is manually, one at a time.  We can't get access to our saved column Presets or customize any of the other relevant items (thumbnail settings) for Playlists anymore.

I'd propose that there be a special Customize View for Playlists and Smartlists which omits all the "View Scheme" specific stuff, but allows us to define everything else in the same way we do for other Views.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Need Customize View for Playlists and Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:52:33 am »

It does need attention, for sure, but you can still get at it for now by selecting a playlist or smartlist and then choosing, from the top toolbar, View > Customise View.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:11:52 am »

Oh.  That's exactly what I was looking for, really!  That needs to be available as a right-click option on the Playlist/Smartlists themselves.  I looked all over the place and didn't find it.

PS.  Nice touch on the underlined V in View.   ;)

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 04:27:32 pm »

Right click the columns and the option is there as well. Not THE most important thing to add, but I agree that it would logical to have a costumize view on playlist right click.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:15:30 pm »

Right click the columns and the option is there as well.

That's not what I'm talking about.  I know about that method of choosing the columns, but you have to set each one manually.  There's no way to load profiles in there.  I have about 150 playlists and I use a HUGE number of columns (completely different from the defaults), with a specific order and sizing for each column.  Wanna come over to my house and load them for me?   ;)  It'd take a week at that speed.

What marko pointed out is perfect.  It just shouldn't be hidden only in the top-drop-down View menu.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:28:55 pm »

I have it available also in the header drop-down menu above the list (where the playlist's name is displayed).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 05:36:06 pm »

I have it available also in the header drop-down menu above the list (where the playlist's name is displayed).

Yep.  It is there too.  Didn't see it there either.  I guess I just expected it to be in the right-click menu on the Playlist tree icon because that's where it is for View Schemes.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 02:05:01 am »

That's not what I'm talking about.  I know about that method of choosing the columns, but you have to set each one manually.  There's no way to load profiles in there.  I have about 150 playlists and I use a HUGE number of columns (completely different from the defaults), with a specific order and sizing for each column.  Wanna come over to my house and load them for me?   ;)  It'd take a week at that speed.

I get it now. My bad.
I'm not sure if this is what Alex B is talking about, but you have a way of saving the view if you Right click the columns, selecting View Layout and then save the layout and load it in other playlists.
It works, but it's not the most effective if you want to change alot of them. Pretty sure there was a function to manipulate several playlists in a group before. Can't finde it any more though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:45:12 am »

I was actually about to post the same thing, Glynor!
I hadn't noticed either of the methods for changing columns/customise view... guess that does indicate a bit of a need for putting it in the right click menu ;)

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 09:10:08 pm »

Anyway to save Tabs in MC 13.  With the addition of the google and youtube, I have chosen MC 13 as my new player...I've removed MC12...my only dilemma is Tabs..

Seems close to the issue of playlist and smartlist.  Previously in MC12 I had 2 Tabs
(Playing Now) and the other was Play List.  They were pretty much hard coded.  Meaning they were always there when I opened MC 12.  The 1 Tab showed a full image of the current song playing cover art in slide view.

The 2nd TAb had a list of songs playing next and what Genre they fell under.  I could switch back and forth if desired.  This allowed me to use the current image like a screensaver, if i wanted to know what was coming up next I click the other tab.

With MC13 and the new Google, You tube selection...the tabs are constantly changing.  If you have the two tabs as I described and you select google, it takes over one of the two tabs...and the problem gets worst as you move through selection.  In other words you have to constantly create new tabs.

I think the problem centers around how tabs were created in MC12 and MC13.  In MC 12 you select

1 View
1 Column
Tab  The Tabs never moved and never changed.

In MC 13

Everything is build from the tab first...  Anyway to make the tabs hardcore.... In other words if I have my 2 tabs...and select say googles, it would simply open a new tab like in firefox... without pictures that the best I can do... thanks

The problem, I have now is to get the same results, I have to create 3 tabs...in case I wantto use the google or image selection...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:40 am »

I heard a rumour that in a future build, we may be able to click on Google and YouTube links with the middle mouse button and they'll open in new tabs...
Just a rumour mind you, nothing concrete... just be patient and see what the future brings ;)

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up