INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about multi zone layout and skins  (Read 1729 times)

bhorrell

Questions about multi zone layout and skins
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:34:29 am »

I am new to Media Center. I was wondering if there was a layout or a skin that allows one to view all of the zones play list at the same time.
I would prefer to have my entire media library on the left side and on the right side one window for each zone. The user could than drag songs to which ever zone they wanted them to play in.

I would like to use this on a touch screen, and the ctrl-T to switch zones will not be obvious to the user.

Thanks,
Ben

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Questions about multi zone layout and skins
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 04:17:29 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

There is no way that I know to do this.

bhorrell

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:00:56 pm »

That's too bad. I really has hopes of this driving my whole house audio.

Ok is there a layout or skin that has a button that can be labeled to switch between zones  Like "main", "bedroom 1", etc?

I need this to be easy that everybody in family can use it and easily control their zones.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:29:09 pm »

i guess you will be using Theater View, since you want to use it with a touch screen.
one thing you can do is add buttons to the front page like i just did in the standard noire skin in this image: http://pix01.com/CW@ozB71

you can do that under options>theater view>items to show.. add>custom item.. give it the name of your first zone.. type is program.. parameter is:
mc12.exe /mcc 10011,0 for the first zone
mc12.exe /mcc 10011,1 for the second
etc

now to get the zone to show in your Theater View skin you have to add the zone your in to the skin. i described it here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44416.msg304434#msg304434
or as described in the wiki:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Theater_View_Skinning_Tutorial#Text

hope it helps
 :)
gab

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:16:21 pm »

You may also want to consider NetRemote on those touchscreens around the house.  This is what I have done:  Server in the basement with a ton of media, HTPC in the living room playing the music to two different Zones - "Zone" being MC terminology - I would call them sources because each physical zone in the house can play either of these two MC sources.  Each physical zone in the house has some sort of touchscreen device running NetRemote.  Currently I have 3 PDA's and 1 other PC with ELO touchscreen in the kitchen.  The Wife LOVES that setup.

Cheers!
Wino
Pages: [1]   Go Up