INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs on playlist, not in library?  (Read 1203 times)

djonik

Songs on playlist, not in library?
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:15:47 am »

Is there any way to put some songs to playlist (eg. "Simple songs") and don't see them in library - only in this playlist? It doesn't look good when you have simple songs in album-grouped library.

Second question: can MJ download cover to album folder (and name it folder.jpg) when downloading it from internet?

PS. sorry for my poor english.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Songs on playlist, not in library?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:07:58 am »

Welcome to the forum! Your English is fine.

Is there any way to put some songs to playlist (eg. "Simple songs") and don't see them in library - only in this playlist? It doesn't look good when you have simple songs in album-grouped library.

Once you have a named playlist inside MJ the files are part of the library. You cannot change that.

However, you don't need to have the complete library always visible. You can create new view schemes that have rules for including and excluding certain files. You can also edit the existing view schemes including the root Audio view scheme.

For example, you can have one view scheme that displays all files, another view scheme for the full albums and yet another view scheme that shows only the various non-album tracks.

MJ has a built in logic for complete albums. You could create view schemes that has the "Complete Album" library field included in the view scheme rule (in "Step 4."). Another option is to use the Filename field if you store the single tracks separately from the complete albums. You can also exclude or include files that are only in certain playlists. If nothing else works you can create a new user field and tag the files that are not part of any album. I have a field named "Lonely" for that. I use the the value Y (=yes) for indicating non-album tracks.

I have posted some screenshots and instructions for creating view schemes in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44356.0

The view schemes in the linked thread don't do what you want, but they give some idea of what is posssible.

Second question: can MJ download cover to album folder (and name it folder.jpg) when downloading it from internet?

Yes. Select the "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" option in Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up