INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customized views with different layouts  (Read 1174 times)

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
customized views with different layouts
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:36:43 pm »

The new 'Customize View' is a huge benefit - it's one of my favorite new features.  I do miss the ability to quickly switch view layouts, though.  Often I want to keep the panes exactly as they are but quickly switch back and forth between various column setups, for example. I know that I can save each panes/columns combo as its own individual view, but if I understand correctly this is the only way to do that. I'd like to not have to save and find names for so many different views/files.
Or is there a better way for me to handle this? I'd like to be able to load a saved view, then quickly switch back and forth between different layouts - have the best of both MC12 and MC13 I guess, and be able to save a few different layouts within each individually-saved view, then flip between them via a drop-down menu, small button, or something. Also, just a minor issue, when naming views, it would be nice to have it retain the last-entered view's name for renaming similar views.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: customized views with different layouts
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:21:30 pm »

In the Customize View dialog, you might try the "Preset" button next to the list of columns.  You can load and save your own presets.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
Re: customized views with different layouts
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:56:27 am »

Duh!...
I didn't look close enough & didn't realize you could save & load from there as well. Perfect. Thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up