INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a way to output my currently playing song to AIM/MSN/iLike on Facebook?  (Read 1748 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

I use these IM clients and the app iLike on Facebook and was curious if there is a way for these programs to grab the now playing file and output it for me...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Yes, check the plugins section on this website.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

i found one that works with MSN 7.x but it isn't working with Windows Live Messenger 8.x or whatever the latest one is. Argh. And I haven't found any that work with AIM or the Facebook app.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]

For Facebook, I use "Last.fm" and then use a Facebook app called, "What I'm listening to" which pulls its data from Last.fm. It works well.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

anyone else notice what i'm listening to from jriver plugin site version 1.1.1 (Date added 6-19-2005)which works on 12.

i upgraded to 13 couple days ago and i cannot get the what i'm listening to to work on my custom machine or laptop with jriver 13.

Any one else?

if i goto plugin manager Interface, What i'm listening to and choose show i get the error Interface plugin "what i'm listening To" Could not be found or created.  I uninstalled it, then went back to plugins page click download and i get the JRiver 13 dialog stating Media center is about to install a component . Do you wish to continue. i click yes, it installs it, says package was success fulyl installed i hit ok, then go back to plugin manager, interface. What i'm listening to, Chose Show and get the same error as i mentioned before.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null

I am new to Facebook and thought this would be a fun thing to use with MJ and MC.  Did this get resolved?
==
roognation
human electrode

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

yes.

for facebook, you can use the last.fm plugin on Media Center 13 in conjunction with the "What I'm Listening To" app on facebook. if all your settings are right, it should work fine.

i haven't figured out a way to display my currently playing song in AIM anywhere though.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...

Pushing it even further, if you are on both Facebook and Twitter and are using the Last.Fm plugin on MC then you can use TweeklyFM:

http://www.shotbeak.com/tweeklyfm/

Which updates Twitter (and your Facebook status if linked) with your top 3 listened-to artists every week.

Pointless but fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up