INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WM6.1 and Vista WMDC not recognized.  (Read 1903 times)

nitz369

• Recent member
WM6.1 and Vista WMDC not recognized.
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:49:55 pm »

I am using The software through EMBARQ, Unlmited Music Service. The software is jrmedia but not sure what the version is.  Anyhow I have aindows Mobile 6.1 Device hooked to Vista WMDC and it is NOT recognized as a device in Media Center.

How do you get this to recognize? I can configure the phone to be a storage device and it pops up right away but it is not DRM compatible.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WM6.1 and Vista WMDC not recognized.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:57:43 pm »

I'm sorry, but that version of the player isn't compatible with Vista.  We have compatible players (JRiver Media Center 12 and JRiver Media Jukebox), and we hope that Embarq will have a newer player soon.

embarq_lamont

Re: WM6.1 and Vista WMDC not recognized.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 03:17:24 pm »

Hello nitz369,

I researched your question on the device using windows mobile not being recognized, and being recognized only when it is viewed as a storage device.  In testing I have found that this is a limitation in the file transfer.   The files would have to be through windows media player in order to transition to windows mobile.  Please let me know if this information was helpful.

Lamont L.
Embarq Customer Support
embarq_lamont at embarq com     
For additional support please visit www.embarq.com/rescueit or call 1-877-646-3282
Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment

Pages: [1]   Go Up