INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename File from Properties option missing from Menu  (Read 1596 times)

cmmacleod

Rename File from Properties option missing from Menu
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:45:58 pm »

MC 12.0.534
I recently re-installed MC and was provided an update to this version.
I can no longer locate the Rename File From Properties command in the menu as described in the Help file, and as used extensively in the previous MC version. What to do?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rename File from Properties option missing from Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:19:45 pm »

It's been upgraded to "Rename move & copy files" so click on that instead.

If I were you, I'd take a short while to familiarise yourself with the new toy, and perhaps just work on a file or two to begin with.

-marko

cmmacleod

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29:07 pm »

Well, marko, you're not me and the point I was making is that the HELP file and the program are inconsistent. Familiarizing myself with the program lead me to the point of trying this forum. As I suspected, the forum is as useless as the HELP file.
I already worked through the Move, Rename and Copy files command. It doesn't have ANY reference to the Properties in the Tag and renaming files based on those Properties.
Maybe YOU should familiarize yourself with the new toy before spouting off some condecending remark.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:09:12 am »

First, you should take a chill pill...

I merely suggested you err on the side of caution because the new tool has some new options that might produce undesired results if you were not familiar with them.

I am extremely familiar with the tool in question, if you had stated that you were having problems finding the tag references, I would have asked if you had already tried clicking on the little downwards facing arrow and investigating the options in the menu that produced...

because, as you can see, for me, the full list of library tags is present there. If you don't see these, then something is wrong.

"condescending" was not my intent. you asked for help, I tried to help you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 06:44:55 am »

Maybe YOU should familiarize yourself with the new toy before spouting off some condecending remark.
I don't think Marko meant it in the way you read it.  He's one of the best experts around here and he's volunteering his help.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 07:55:05 am »

I don't think Marko meant it in the way you read it.  He's one of the best experts around here and he's volunteering his help.

What Jim Said, Marko knows what he's talking about, you've mis-interpreted his message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up