INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: option: recreate file structures  (Read 1000 times)

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
option: recreate file structures
« on: September 26, 2008, 10:04:04 pm »

The latest version(s) of MC12 create unwanted folders when moving files from one drive to another; a folder for every tune--this is apparently known as the choice of "recreate file structures."  I see no option for NOT recreating folders in the 'new' "Rename, Move & Copy Files" option window.

What is the last MC12 which had the previous rename, copy, move system?

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: option: recreate file structures
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:15:06 am »

When you copy, move, or rename a file in MC you have the option to create folders defined by Tags or other criteria in which the file(s) will be created, or not . . .

The dialog for this offers checkboxes for Directories and one for Filenames

In the Directories panel you can select the Drive and or folders under "Base Path",
below that there is an area to describe a "Rule" for further creating folders based on tags . . . leaving this blank will avoid creating folders and/or sub-folders.

Also, once you make your selections you can hover your mouse pointer over the filenemes and it will show you both the current filename & pats as well as the New one which will be created if you proceed. This allows you to backstep and try again if you do not see what you wish.

Oh, and at the very top of the dialog there is a space to define whether the file is to be moved, copied, etc

I hope this was of help. If not, perhaps cire specific examples of what you have, what you want, and what you wound up getting  :)
. . . the game is rigged

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: option: recreate file structures
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »

Thanks...the missing ingredient (not very apparent, IMHO), is that the "rule" should be blank to avoid creating a folder for every file.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up