INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any possible reason for albums failing to import?  (Read 1761 times)

Steef_V.

• Junior Woodchuck
Any possible reason for albums failing to import?
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:23:38 pm »

In the past few weeks I noticed 3 or 4 albums that were missing in my library. I'm pretty sure I had them at one point in time, but they're GONE! They are still on my HDD though (fortunately).
I tried to re-import them, but nothing works. Not even renaming the files, or moving them to another location and retrying to import.
In Auto Import Options, the option Ignore Files Previously Removed From Library is checked OFF.

Would anybody have any idea what could be my problem?
Of course it's probably something I am doing wrong, but I fail to see WHAT.....

Thx. Regards, Steef Verhoef

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any possible reason for albums failing to import?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:51:25 am »

I've experienced the exact same problem. I ended up having to delete the whole library and import it all over again.
Because importing the whole music folder either results in no new albums imported, or worse, all files is imported again (think the latter only happens with a manual start of the auto import process?).

This was not on my main machine fortunately. Just a backup. I thought that I might have had sleepy moment and deleted the albums by accident. But not several albums.
I'll keep a close watch on the number of albums from now on. I'll be pretty alarmed if it happens again
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:57:02 am »

I am currently having this problem.  Some songs get imported and some dont?  No matter what I do, I cant get certain images or songs imported!

This is extreemly distressing!  Nobody else has had this problem?  I switched to using shares and back agian to see if the problem was that but to no aval.  Either way seems to miss files?

Just to clarify:
If I find the file manually on the server and open it with media center, it plays and media center sees it (in "playing now").  However, it will NOT import into the library?  Even if I right click on the audio file in question inside media center 13 and say "Import into Library," it does nothing.  I'm confused?

Side q:
Is it always suggested to import media from a mapped network drive or directly?
ie:
M:\Music\
or
\\HHServer\music

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 04:21:48 am »

Remember to check what file associations you have set. Also remember to check the file types you import. Both have to be checked according to the file type you wish to import.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:25:08 am »

Nothing I did seemed to work.  No matter what I did.  I totally blew away my library and started over.

Everything imported correctly to the best of my knowledge. 

It's disconcerting not knowing if everything was imported or not :/
Pages: [1]   Go Up