INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error every time I try to sync to handheld. HELP!!!  (Read 2483 times)

DH

Error every time I try to sync to handheld. HELP!!!
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:50:19 pm »

I just got a new 4GB MP4 player and I was using Yahoo Music Jukebox to sync with. It uploaded 128 songs and because Yahoo went to Rhapsody and discontinued the media player, I had to find a new Media player. Using this one, so far I have only ever got the error message. I tried Windows media player and it won't work either. I have tried re-downloading music, everything I can think of. I have even used different USB ports. No luck. Can anyone help?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Error every time I try to sync to handheld. HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:15:59 pm »

You weren't specific about which handheld you have and you didn't even specify what the exact error message said (or a screenshot of it).
As an IT guy, I'll tell you that the developers need more info if they are going to help you.

Try answering these questions specifically and a developer from JRiver can then probably assist.

1) Make/Model of device?  All we know is it's 4GB in size.  Some handhelds will not work with J River, need to know what yours is in order to tell if it's supposed to work or not.

2) What is the exact error message.  Word for word, or post a screenshot of it.

3) Does the error appear when you connect the handheld, or when you click a sync button in J River?

4) Does the device show up in the tree in J River under the drives & devices branch?

5) If it does show up in the tree, try right-clicking on it.  If there's an option like "initialize", use it and report what happens.
If it's an available option, it will erase all songs on the device and prep the database on the device to work with J River.
After that's done, then you could attempt to drag a few files over to sync.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 04:43:43 pm »

I don't know if this applies, but remember that subscription WMA files stop working once you cancel your account.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DH

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 12:24:39 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

I got the MP4 player from Ebay, straight from China. There is no brand name on it just MP4 Digital Player. The error says just that..."error". It happens when I try to sync. It will tell me I have some tracks that need a licence and would I like to delete them from the list and continue. I click yes and it starts to sync. It shows "uploading" which then will turn to "error" all the way down the playlist. If I cancel, it will show "waiting" then "in queue".
My player shows up in the tree, shows the amount of space used and remaining and shows all the music I do have on it. When I right click, it gives me : "sync now", "options", "play", "add to playing now", "explore", "rebuild database", "remove and ignore device", "rename", and "eject".

Matt: I got all my music from Limewire, not from a subscription to Yahoo. I used the jukebox to play and burn them.

That seems to be the start of my problem with this player...when Yahoo went to Rhapsody and I did not switch over. It was during this time I started to load the player and it loaded half my playlist and then stopped. I even re-downloaded alot of the music I had.

Thanks so much for the help. Much appreciated,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:30:27 pm »

Sorry, but we don't support use of MC with illegal file sharing (limewire).
Pages: [1]   Go Up