INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to use a powerdvd decoder in MC12  (Read 1215 times)

jarthel

• Recent member
I want to use a powerdvd decoder in MC12
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:20:33 am »

I have installed the full version of PowerDVD7.

When I try to use it for DVD playback, I always get a popup that says there's a problem with my setup and I need the Intervideo Xpack.

Any ideas?

Thank you

ps. in the DVD playback config, I have 3 choices for PowerDVD decoder. I've chosen the video/sP and the other decoder with the words blu-ray.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I want to use a powerdvd decoder in MC12
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:13:04 am »

Why would you use it to decode? It's one of the worst quality decoders I know of.
Descaler is a much better choise in my opinion. Try to compare the two and I belive you would see a good difference.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

jarthel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:34 am »

Why would you use it to decode? It's one of the worst quality decoders I know of.
Descaler is a much better choise in my opinion. Try to compare the two and I belive you would see a good difference.
I jus tried dscaler and I get a blink green bars at the bottom half of the monitor.

any ideas? thanks again

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:53:43 am »

I'm not sure as to why that is happening. You could try to change the Video Renderer to something else. I've had problem with VMR9 Renderless mode my self.
Another thing you could try is to remove all of your codecs and isntall CCCP. It contains Dscaler, ffdshow and about every other decoders you need. It should work pretty much out of the box.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up