INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art question  (Read 1313 times)

drc

• World Citizen
Cover art question
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:47:44 pm »

I notice my Front and Back cover art has been reduced to 1 image. 

I have most complete albums with Front cover for say Tracks 1-4 and the back cover art for tracks 5 -8.
In addition, I may have different images throughout the  album.

The upgrade to MC13 has deleted the cover art all except one (in some cases, it's either the front or back).

Painful...it'll take a long time to redo it, if i decide to - too much work over a long period of time. 

I just noticed it and after inspecting other albums...they are gone.

Any idea of what happen?  did i choice a selection that had this affect.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What is Happening To My Cvr Art
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:05:36 pm »

It didn't delete the art.  It's there.  Try the latest build.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: What is Happening To My Cvr Art
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »

drc,

Are you speaking about embedded images or externally linked images?

If you are speaking about embedded images did you use any tools or options that trigger a tag update?

If you are speaking about external images did you do anything that would make MC to reread the file tags and possibly recreate the cover art links.

How did you add the images to MC? The standard file naming options are designed for using the same image file for all album tracks.

If you have external individually named images on the disk then you have probably only lost the links. A library restore from your latest backup file could be able to restore the changed links. Naturally, we would need to find out what triggered the change so that you could prevent it from happening in the future.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

drc

• World Citizen
Re: Cover art question
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:43:57 pm »

Okay crisis averted.

Although, the update used one image for the album, all of the pictures were in the tagged mp3's.

By updating the library from tags, all of the various images were restored.  I'm really glad i saved the images in the tag.

With that said...The MC13 team has really outdone themselves with this version...album art is crystal clear and the Google, you tube is very handy.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up