INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Rating System (Request)  (Read 1192 times)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Advanced Rating System (Request)
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:47:10 am »

Not sure if it has been asked but could we get an advanced rating system instead of just the 5 star system.
I have several thousand audio files and 5 stars just isn't sufficient if I want to sort by rating, what I suggest is a rating systam based on 100.
This could be an invisible field and have the display be rounded to match the 5 star system that other programs/services use for reporting.
Even though the field would be hidden when one sorted by rating the field would be used.
Sort: Rating (stars), Rating (#)

Sean

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Advanced Rating System (Request)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:59:38 am »

Make your own custom rating field and remove the stars from your viewschemes.

That's your quick workaround :)

I went from full stars to half stars and then to quarters, have a custom field adjacent to the stars to hold these numerical values.

3     <---- ok

I don't use less than 2.5 or more than 4, the main reason was to get 'workable' album scores, which is the average of the track ratings. By 'workable' i mean it's setup to award more if good than take away if bad, so it has 3 states for good (states above 3)  but only 2 for negative.

This way a dud track or two won't knock the album average off too much, works prety well with any album size of tracks or genre.

Now i'm trying to map those back to the old 5 star system but the system above has 6 states, that means the lowest 2.5 can't be rated and has to remain unrated if using the stars system  ?

So yeah, started off thinking 5 stars was too little, tried alternatives now trying to go back for simplicity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up