INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with AVerMedia PCIe combo and MC12  (Read 7096 times)

dcrabtree

• Recent member
Problem with AVerMedia PCIe combo and MC12
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:17:18 pm »

Hi.  I’m having problems getting my AVerMedia PCIe combo card to work properly with Media Center 12, build 12.0.534.  I can tune analog channels just fine and I see video and hear audio but the picture “stutters”.  I originally tried the Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1800 - same problem.  I installed Media Center in Vista Ultimate on a Dell SC420 that I repurposed for my TV room.  The Dell has a 2.9 GHz processor, 4Gb of RAM and an NVIDIA Quadra NVS 55/280 PCI video card.  It’s connected to a Sony 46” LCD TV.   Both tuners worked OK in Windows Media Center but I really want to keep all of my media organized with Media Center.  I’m new to the whole TV tuner “thing” so I’m hoping that I’m making a dumb mistake somewhere.  Thanks!

-don

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with AVerMedia PCIe combo and MC12
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:22:32 pm »

Have you tried digital channels?

You might try picking different decoders in TV options.  On Vista, I'd recommend using the Microsoft audio and video filters.  Also, use EVR for rendering, which is another option in TV options.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcrabtree

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:00:06 am »

Thanks for the help Matt.  I'm connecting to a cable box that is analog only (rural cable system) but I plan to test digital channels tonight via an antenna.  I'll let you know if the suggestions help.

-don

dcrabtree

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:27:36 pm »

No luck.  I connected an antenna to tune digital channels... same problem.  I changed the audio and video filter under the digital TV tab.  I had to use video mixing renderer 7 as EVR would not give me a picture. 

I'm pretty much at the same place.  I can tune analog (cable) and digital channels, hear audio but the the picture doesn't move smoothly.

All ideas wellcome.  Thanks.

-don

twistedddx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 02:11:14 am »

Turn off time shifting and see if that helps at all. It's either in the digital tv tab "start digital tv in time shifting mode" or right click video "tv options -> cancel time shifting.
But im not sure that even is on with analog channels, same goes for the decoder selection as its all under the digital tv tab.

Also it would be nice to get a copy of the directshow graph just to see what decoders you are using in media center.
Right click - >directshow filter -> copy graph info to clipboard -> port here :)

dcrabtree

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 01:33:03 pm »

Here is the graph.

Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
        CLSID: {C666E115-BB62-4027-A113-82D643FE2D99}
        Host: C:\Windows\System32\Mpeg2Data.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '2' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'VideoMixingRenderer7'
        CLSID: {B87BEB7B-8D29-423F-AE4D-6582C10175AC}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
        Output Pin 'Out'
        Input Pin 'In Text'

Filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
        CLSID: {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4}
        Host: C:\Windows\System32\psisrndr.ax
        Input Pin 'IB Input'
            Connected to pin '1' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ATSC_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'OOB Input'

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '4' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {1501477C-2855-40EE-AE95-9CF5466B2EA2}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Hauppauge\SMD07\HCW_mcm2vd.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG In'
            Connected to pin '3' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'VideoMixingRenderer7'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~CC Out'
        Input Pin 'SubPicture In'

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: C:\Windows\System32\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe Digital Video Capture 2'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '1'
            Connected to pin 'IB Input' of filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_ATSC_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '2'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '3'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG In' of filter 'MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '4'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin '5'

Filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe Digital Video Capture 2'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe BDA ATSC Tuner 2'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe BDA ATSC Tuner 2'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Antenna Out' of filter 'Microsoft Network Provider'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe Digital Video Capture 2'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}

Filter 'Microsoft Network Provider'
        CLSID: {B2F3A67C-29DA-4C78-8831-091ED509A475}
        Host: C:\Windows\System32\MSNP.ax
        Output Pin 'Antenna Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'AVerMedia M780 PCIe BDA ATSC Tuner 2'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:41:16 pm »

A few comments about this graph:

1. FFDShow Video Decoder is in the graph but is not connected at all. Did you select it as your video decoder? It is not working. So you should try select a different one.

2. Your video problem likely is caused by not using a good video decoder. Do you have other MPEG-2 video decoders on your computer to choose from? If your OS is Vista, Microsoft MPEG-2 Video decoder would be a good choice. If you do not have it, you can try MPV decoder Filter works pretty well. Another good option would be "DScaler Mpeg-2 Video Decoder".

3. Did you try a different video renderer? On Vista Enhanced Video Renderer works the best. On XP VMR9 is the best on most computers, unless you have a very old video card.

4. The analog tuner also uses MPEG-2 decoder. It however is not user configurable. Therefore it would be easier to try to solve the problem with digital TV first, unless you can not get good signal. What is the signal strength reported by MC when you play a digital channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

twistedddx

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 05:35:02 am »

I typed this some hours ago before a blackout, and now its mostly been said but anyways:

Make sure under ffdshow you dont have a heap of post effects turned on. I'm not even 100% sure why its getting linked in even as the mpeg2 video decoder being used is the main concept one. Also do you have the ffdshow post processing enabled in MC?

Uninstall the combine community codec pack completely or at very least ffdshow and test again.

Why are you using VMR7 (VideoMixingRenderer7), if you are on Vista you should be using VMR9 or EVR

dcrabtree

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 10:53:02 am »

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  So far, nothing has worked.  I even tried a clean install of the OS and used XP with somewhat better, but not great results.  I'm going to try a different TV card or USB stick to see if there is something that works better.

twistedddx

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 01:30:07 am »

So after you uninstalled ffdshow and/or the combined community codec pack did you try?
Can I see the graph from when ffdshow wasnt installed?

dcrabtree

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 07:08:21 am »

I uninstalled the codec pack.  EVR gave me a blank screen with audio.  VMR9 gave me video and audio but I still had the original problem.  No post effects were on.  I wiped the drive, performed a clean install of XP SP3 (instead of Vista) - same problem.  I'm going to try a TV Wonder HD 600 to see if I have better results.

twistedddx

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:20:32 am »

A graph would be cool.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up