INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with ID3 tags for tracks burned to a CD  (Read 1033 times)

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Need help with ID3 tags for tracks burned to a CD
« on: October 08, 2008, 08:12:59 pm »

My new car stereo will display track name, artist and album from MP3 tag info.

However, with some tracks, the data is not displayed, although the fields are populated in the tags.  I've done testing and it seems that the cover art or a large tag size could be causing the problem.  When I keep the ID3v1 tag, but delete the ID3v2.3 tag, the information displays fine.  In a different test, I cleared the tag info (both v1 and v2.3), then updated tags from library.  Cover art was no longer in the tag.  The track name, artist and album displayed properly on the car stereo after the adjustment.

Even though I found a possible fix, I don't want to be deleting tag info whenever I need to burn a disk for the car.  I looked for an option that would write only the ID3v1 tag, but I didn't see a way to do that.

How can I write the ID3v1 tag by itself, or remove cover art from the IDv2.3 tag without messing with the library?  I like keeping the cover art inside the file for other purposes.  Maybe I can copy the files to a temporary location, change the tags, then burn.  However, I was hoping for a simpler solution that avoided copying the files.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Need help with ID3 tags for tracks burned to a CD
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:05:27 pm »

After some further thought, I think I have an acceptable solution, which is to remove the cover art, then restore it.

Tools->Cover Art->Remove Cover Art, Permanent from disk=No. (Important not to delete from disk)
Let tags update automatically.
Burn disk

If disk is acceptable,
Tools->Cover Art->Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory

Because cover art has been saved in the cover art directory (and inside the file originally), it finds the image and restores it easily.  It seems the car unit has trouble with the cover art or the size of the tag. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up