INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dupes in track list  (Read 976 times)

Twynns

• Recent member
Dupes in track list
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:38:34 pm »

New user.  Great product from my brief experience thus far.  Hoping someone can help w/ a frustrating problem I'm having.  I've loaded about 100 cd's on my HD using Ripstation Micro DS (great product imho!) into the "My Music" folder.  (I'm ripping all tracks as lossless FLAC files, though it doesn't seem as though that should matter.)  I have "View" set to "standard" and I'm using the Blue Steel skin.  There are 3 panes on top:  Genre, Album and Artist, and each pane populates perfectly with all downloaded music.  I'm having an issue with the lower pane which lists all tracks for each of the albums selected using the top 3 panes.  Here, I get many, many dupe tracks showing.  I have a small thumbnail of the album art on the far left selected.  Interestingly, for the dupes, the album art doesn't show; it's some kind of cartoon caption (think the old Batman TV show captions for "POW!" for a visual.  Boy, I just dated myself...) with a lower case bright red x in the center.  When I position the cursor over any track (either the dupe or the actual track files for the same song, the file listed on the pop-up is the same.  Can someone help me figure out whether or not I have some setting incorrectly configured or whether this is a known bug or problem? 

Many thanks for any assistance in advance.

Rgds,

Twynns

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dupes in track list
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  Maybe you've imported both the tracks and a playlist of the tracks?

The art is probably just whatever jpg you've got in the folder where the tracks are.  If you had 50 tracks in a folder with one jpg, MC would use the jpg.  Could even be a folder.jpg file.

The bright red x means MC didn't find a file that was there previously.  Check your auto import options.

Twynns

• Recent member
Re: Dupes in track list
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:20:11 am »

Thanks Jim, figured it out.  I had moved some files within the "My Music" folder using the "Explore" function in Windows.  MC was listing both the old file location as well as the new file location for any tracks that had moved from one folder to another.  I ran auto import this morning and it deleted all of the old folder links.  I have "run auto import in the background" checked in the options menu.  Shouldn't this have happened automatically?

Many thanks,

Twynns
Pages: [1]   Go Up