INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some newbie-questions about filehandling.  (Read 1304 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Some newbie-questions about filehandling.
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:08:46 pm »

I'm sorry if this is explained in the manual, and I'm just to stupid to understand it, but I have read through the manual, and I have a couple of questions about Media Centers handling of files:

1. If i double-clik on a file in a normal explorer-window, MC adds it to the end of playing now, but it also starts playing that file, how can i prevent this? If i click on the file from within the program (for instance from the audio-pane), it dows as i want it to do, that is just add it to the end. How can i prevent this?

2. If i from the audio-pane add a file to playing now, and no song is currently playing, or the playing now its empty, it starts playing this song, wich is ok, but it also jumps from the Audio-pane-window to the playing now window. How can i preven this?

3. How can i get the "playlist" in the playing now-window to focus on the song currently playing, without jumping to another window and back to playing now?

4. In the libarary options under auto-import folders. If i choose "fix broken links": yes. Will this only be for the folders auto-imported? Not for any other files?

5. When i put in a CD to rip it in EAC, MC automatically scans it and gives me som dialog-box or something, How can i stop this behaviour? I don't want it to do anything when i put and Audio-CD into the drive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Some newbie-questions about filehandling.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:58 pm »

In MC options, check the options for playback and behavior (under general).

4.  Correct.

5.  Check the CD setting under File Associations (at the bottom), but also try ripping in MC.  It's very solid.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:24:25 am »

erm, Jim,

4. = Wrong (kind of..)

doesn't it Alex?

"fix broken links : Yes" is not limited to just the folders in the auto import list, it's a library wide maintenance option, as are all the options under "Auto Import > Options"
If the links have become broken because you moved the files using an external tool such as windows explorer, and you moved them to another folder in the auto import list, then MC can repair the broken links, but if you moved them to a folder that's not in the watch list, MC will simply remove the broken records from your library.
The scope of the option is library wide though, and not limited to just the folders in the watch list.

For number five, try "Tools > Options > CD\DVD > Autoplay > Audio CD > Do Nothing" though like Jim says, give ripping with MC a tryout, it's every bit as accomplished as EAC, some people say more so, but I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on that score. I just know I've ripped with MC for years and it's never let me down.

-marko.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:31:29 am »

Thanks for the info regarding point 4 and 5. Now I dont get any dialog-box when i put in a CD. Ripping in MC doesn't seem to be the thing for me, I can't seem to find any offset-correction or over-read-options in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up