INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a Playlist/Smartlist to TheaterView Menu  (Read 1049 times)

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding a Playlist/Smartlist to TheaterView Menu
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:18:03 am »

Just like it sounds.  I have 3-4 Smartlists I access frequently.  Rather than going into Playlist, Smartlists, then finding the one I want, I want to be able to make a Root Menu Item for them.  The only things you can add to the Main menu in TheaterView are webpages or external programs.  Is there a way to get this to work?  I'd say if they were playlists only, to add them as an external program pointing to M3U files (or whatever playlist file), and see if it just opens those playlists with MC12, leaving you where you are.  But this obviously won't work with Smartlists.

If there's no workaround, maybe this functionality can be added in MC13?  I understand not putting every single function or command available in the menu (although it might be cool to be able to tell the library to get new album art from TheaterView).  I think we can have a lot more flexibility in TV Menus, maybe using an XML format, but accessible through MC12/13.  Heck, adding items that point to Submenus would be nice.

I know, even in TheaterView, I'd like to have additional menus.  Maybe on the root, I'd add an item called Maintenance that leads to a submenu.  This submenu would have a bunch of commands from the interface, like Download Album Art, or Run Auto Import Now, or Change Library (load new one or search for Library Servers). 

I've meandered a bit, but if possible to allow the Theater View menus to have more flexibilty (Shortcuts to Webpages, Shortcuts to Program, Shortcuts to Smartlists/Playlists/Specific Media, and Shortcuts to MC12 Menu commands or plugins), then I could do a lot more from within TheaterView.  This is great for those of us running media MC's connected to TV's and Projectors, so we don't have to exit out of Theater View as often.

Comments, questions, suggestions?  Any way to get the Smartlists on the main menu?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding a Playlist/Smartlist to TheaterView Menu
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 10:38:00 am »

one thing you can do as a workaround is add an external programm with:

mc12.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=Playlists\\Playlist1

where playlist1 is the name of the first playlist you want to start. it is not very elegant, Theater View minimizes and maximizes again a few seconds later.

:)
gab

edit: it would be nice if the external programm is mc it self, the program would not minimize. i made a switch to change librarys on the frontpage of thv, it could look better.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up