INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: outofspace7 + xtacbyme: trimming names... read on...  (Read 1307 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
outofspace7 + xtacbyme: trimming names... read on...
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:18:44 am »

Sometimes after import i got file name like this : "02.Sweetest Perfection" it would be helpfull , when MC can delete 02. in the name of file, otherwise i must do it manually. In the case of 400 files......."

get flash renamer ;) Super easy!!!

Or use MC... v12 or 13. (you can thank glynor later ;))
Select all affected files, edit the name field using: =removeleft([name],3) Super, Super easy!!!

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: outofspace7 + xtacbyme: trimming names... read on...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:13 pm »

didnt know that Marko.. ty!!! can you remove things in multiple filenames as well ?

example hi_how_are_you to hi how are you. and the next track i_am_fine_thank_you to i am fine thank you all at the same time?

thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:45:01 pm »

Yup... There are a couple of routes, but the easiest is probably the 'clean file properties' tool.

Right click > Library tools > Clean file properties. Select the affected field(s) in the list on the left, select "replace underscores with spaces" in the options on the right, click the OK button, job done.

====
To expand a little on 'removeleft' example given above, there is also a removeright function for trimming characters from the other end of fields.

So, you have, =removeleft() or =removeright()

and inside the brackets, you enter the field name to work on, followed by a comma, followed by the number of characters to trim.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:51:51 pm »

wow sounds cool... i'll have to play with that with a test folder.. thanks for the tips
Pages: [1]   Go Up