INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete Services in MC 13  (Read 2706 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Delete Services in MC 13
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:09 pm »

Anyone have any idea how to delete services, such as audible, cd baby, etc, from MC 13?  It does not seem to be the same as previous versions,

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Delete Services in MC 13
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:53:04 pm »

I was looking for a way to do this to. I have one PC which is not connected to the internet. And even if it was: In the EU I cannot use amazon eg.. Would be nice to have the option to make them disappear :)

gappie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »

i wonder if there is a word for a service you dont want, or worse, maybe want but you are not able/allowed to use them.  :)

i tried also to get rid of them, even deleted them from the services in the registry. they are persistent. was more elegant in 12.

edit... i just understand... a service you dont want/cant use is a plugin.  ;)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:55:59 am »

This has to be a bug.
I knew I'd disabled all of those, but sure enough, there they are, and I can't turn them off.
Back in MC 13.0.34, the ability to disable services was right there in the plugin manager...

Probably introduced around about this time:
13.0.49 (9/29/2008)

8. Changed: Revised included service plugins (Audible, etc.) to use a newer system.

so, Matt, 'bug' or 'by design'?
Is it a show of hands or a toss of a coin to decide ;)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:11:06 am »

I posted this reply some time ago:

Second Question is actually about MediaCenter edition. I have also tried the trial version of it and on initial run didn't like a bit. It's so bloated but it took some time to learn that all these "unwanted" features can be turned off.

I think you meant to say that it looks more bloated. In my opinion, the default initial appareance is not very different. MC12 has three additional icons on the top of the tree, but that's about it. It is possible to remove the video and image icons if the library contains only audio files.

Technically MC12 is not more bloated than MJ12. It has more program code (e.g. the server features), but when the additonal features are not used they do not consume system resources.

Actually, it is possible to make MC12 to look even more streamlined than MJ12 because some of the features can be removed from the tree. I may already have posted the following screenshots (I created them several months ago), but here is an example of a streamlined MC12 interface and some options that can be set:

Surely the same should be possible in MC13. I hope it's a bug.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:48:59 pm »

Bummer.  I thought there would be more interest in this, or, at least input from MC admins.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:45:43 pm »

I raised this a little while back... see reply post.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48501.msg332490#msg332490

rjm

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:19:22 am »

I also tried to get rid of the Audible/Lunchbox services. But they keep coming back.

I would also like to get rid of all Services and remove the item completely from my tree.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »

i tried also to get rid of them, even deleted them from the services in the registry. they are persistent. was more elegant in 12.

As an experiment I deleted all references to AudioLunchbox in the registry and I deleted all AudioLunchbox files in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\Plugins\. Then rebooted to make sure nothing was cached anywhere.

Despite this, AudioLunchbox still remained active in Services & Plugins.

Looking at the values stored in the registry it is reasonable to assume that removing them should disable the plugin. But it does not.

I also tried simple changes to the registry such as renaming the displayed name. But these also were ignored.

Looks like the registry data and plugin files are not used and everything is hard coded in the program files.

Very strange.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 01:45:12 pm »

Looks like the registry data and plugin files are not used and everything is hard coded in the program files.

that was also what i thought. it could be that it is a small left over from all the internal changes moving to 13, that will be set right in the future..

i hope.  8)
gab

rjm

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 02:27:41 pm »

that was also what i thought. it could be that it is a small left over from all the internal changes moving to 13, that will be set right in the future..

i hope.  8)
gab
I thought there might be a bug with MC13 referencing MC12 registry data but that didn't work either.

gappie

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 03:14:16 pm »

I thought there might be a bug with MC13 referencing MC12 registry data but that didn't work either.
yeah... and mj12. they cant say we didnt try...  :P

:)
gab

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Delete Services in MC 13 - now solved!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 07:43:47 pm »

I missed it in the changelogs, but I found it playing around with some settings: we are able to hide stores / services (again)! :D

MC looks much cleaner for me now! Thanks, JRiver!!

rjm

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 10:34:14 pm »

I also did not notice this change until now. Thanks JRiver!
Pages: [1]   Go Up