INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.61 Beta -- Download here  (Read 7560 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.61 Beta -- Download here
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:19:49 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  An MC12.0 or MC13.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130061.exe
Please note -- this build requires an MC13 license (upgrade license available this week for $14.98)

13.0.61 (10/20/2008)

1. Fixed: Importing data files with properties like Author or Comment could crash.
2. Optimized: Improved performance of several core database operations.
3. Fixed: Yahoo! news in Theater View was not parsing correctly.
4. Changed: Improved RSS news parsing for BBC articles in Theater View.
5. Fixed: Auto-scrolling based on mouse position could scroll lists even if the mouse was not being used, causing it to fight with remote control or keyboard input.
6. Fixed: When installing a license, Package Installer could fail to shutdown properly.
7. Fixed: File open dialogs that showed a preview would not work on Windows XP.
8. Changed: 3D Wall better handles cover art that is not square. (crops edges to produce a square texture)
9. NEW: Added search suggestions that appear when using the main search box. (experimental -- may be removed)

13.0.60 (10/14/2008)

1. NEW: Added option to WASAPI output to open the soundcard in exclusive mode. (may only work with some hardware)
2. Changed: Mute is cleared on program startup instead of when starting playback.
3. Fixed: Pane tagging did not work properly with drop down panes.
4. Changed: Media Center 13 no longer acccepts a Media Center 12 license.
5. Changed: When adding a new library view, it is possible to enter a name and location (including the root of the tree).
6. Fixed: The screenshot for a saved view would not always be generated nicely on Vista.
7. Changed: The load view / add library view dialog shows a tooltip with a larger preview of the view.
8. Changed: When typing a name for a saved view, the filename is automatically changed to match.
9. Fixed: Typing Alt+A in Polish could clear the text in an edit control before outputting the proper character.
10. NEW: Ctrl+W closes the current tab (and prompts to close the program if there's only one tab) like web browsers and many other tabbed programs.
11. Fixed: Windows 2000 could fail to load sharing plugins.
12. Fixed: When using a JRiver edit box, the caret could appear then jump positions.

13.0.59 (10/13/2008)

1. Fixed: When copying a library from an old location on upgrade from Media Center 12, Podcasts would not be included.
2. Changed: Starting playback will clear the mute state of the player.
3. Fixed: Switching / loading libraries could crash.
4. Fixed (hopefully): DVB-T channel scanning produced only one channel group since build 22.

13.0.58 (10/10/2008)

1. Changed: Some tweaks in TV channels switching.
2. Changed: Updated Package Installer to use newer user interface tools.
3. Changed: Removed "SetupComplete.exe" -- installer now uses "PackageInstaller.exe /FinishInstall" to complete installation after a reboot (when necessary).
4. Fixed: Clicking the empty tab at the far right to open a new tab would open the new tab next to the active view instead of at the far right.
5. Changed: WIA image acquire better handles RAW images.
6. Changed: Changing panes using the right-click menu of the pane headers then entering the "Customize View" dialog could cause the pane changes to be lost.
7. Optimized: The final stage of an iPod or other device sync that saves and compacts the database runs in a background thread as part of the upload process instead of blocking the user interface during the "Finishing transfer..." stage.
8. Fixed: On Windows XP, the "Acquire Image" selection box would not open properly.
9. Changed: The Acquire Image Action Window will show a "Camera Not Found" list item when no camera is connected to the sytem.
10. Changed: The display name and save in tag settings for stock fields can be changed, but will be reverted back to stock values this build.
11. Changed: Updated database version (will make library incompatible with older versions of program).
12. NEW: Added a "Revert All Changes To Stock Fields" to the Manager Library Fields dialog.
13. Changed: The field "Encoding Settings" is user editable.
14. NEW: Added edit type "Five stars" that can be selected for user created database fields.
15. Fixed: Digital TV station name was blank on OSD when starting time-shifting.
16. Changed: TV recording will be recorded to JRiver time-shifting format, instead of dvr-ms for digital TV and avi for analog TV.
17. Fixed: After deleting a file from a list using Shift+Delete, the keyboard focus and list selection could be lost.
18. Fixed: Some MP3 files could hang when setting the image file. (only applies to last few builds)
19. Changed: MP3 tag summary shows the image type next to APIC frames.

13.0.57 (10/9/2008)

1. Changed: Reverted windows media licensing upgrade.
2. Changed: Updated to latest Windows and DirectX SDKs (hopefully internal change).
3. Fixed: Build would not run properly under Windows 2000.

13.0.56 (10/9/2008)

Used for internal testing.

13.0.55 (10/8/2008)

1. Changed: ID3v2 tagging writes "Encoding Settings" to TSSE instead of TXXX(Encoding Settings).
2. Fixed: Streaming WMA / ASF files could crash on stop.
3. Fixed: .NET plugins could assert when being activated (IOleInPlaceFrame interface was not being provided in IOleInPlaceSite::GetWindowContext(...)).
4. Optimized: Improved database load performance.
5. Changed: Updated internal windows media licensing components. (please report any WMA / WMV DRM issues)

13.0.54 (10/6/2008)

1. Changed: Soloists are stored in MP3 ID3v2 tags using a slash as a delimiter instead of a semi-colon.
2. Changed: ID3v2 tags will load cover art first from "front cover", then from "other", then from any other image type.
3. Changed: ID3v2 tags will save cover art to "front cover", remove "other" images, and leave all remaining image types.
4. Changed: When closing a tab, the view to the left of the closed tab will be shown instead of the view to the right of the tab.
5. Fixed: When picking "Exclude this folder" during auto-import configuration, you would still be forced to pick file types (which have no effect).
6. Changed: Improved how the import engine detects files locked by another process. (could get false positives on read-only network files before)
7. Fixed: The text in the 2D Visualization Studio was not readable.
8. Fixed: When a visualization was running on a system that couldn't maintain the desired frame rate, the program could fail to accept user input.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Media Center 13.0.61 Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:29:31 am »

Please note -- this build requires an MC13 license (upgrade license available this week for $14.98)

does that mean 13 is no longer beta? and i can assume addons will work again? what i'm listening to, gforce etc...

TY

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:33:53 am »

No.  It's beta.  There will still be some rough edges.  We think it's pretty good already though.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:15 am »

ok ty....

before i upgrade.. not sure if you have seen my post from last week, but is\was any one else having right click issues? no one responded to that post of mine so not sure if it was just an issue i was having or others as well.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48693.0

ty

craft

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:47 pm »

Given that v.13.0.59 was the last version to accept a MC12 license, would it be possible for a undecided MC12 customer to try that version, I'd especially appreciate including Podcasts from MC12, something which the previous public build of MC13 didn't do?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 04:26:03 pm »

Given that v.13.0.59 was the last version to accept a MC12 license, would it be possible for a undecided MC12 customer to try that version, I'd especially appreciate including Podcasts from MC12, something which the previous public build of MC13 didn't do?
Old versions are now gone.  Sorry.  If you're concerned about using up your 30 day trial, you can always use your sister's PC.

twistedddx

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:33:48 pm »

In configure TV, I can get "trapped" in the recording tab.

Focus is given to an empty text field for the video folder. But I can then no longer change to another tab and can only ok/cancel the entire screen.
Also sometimes the "OK" button changes to read "Close" and the "Cancel" button greys out after going to this tab. Sometimes you need to click the cancel button to trigger the event, the screen will not close on the "Cancel" if this bug has occured. Once this happens you can not exit the screen at all and are forced to end the entire MC13 process.

Filling out the video folder and analog record format also does not save. I fill them out and click OK just to find them blank again on going back to the settings.

Under Vista SP1 64bit with UAC enabled.
This bug is not new to this build, I just forgot to report it earlier.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 06:20:37 pm »

14. NEW: Added edit type "Five stars" that can be selected for user created database fields.
Discussion of this change was split here.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 02:14:42 am »

MC 13 (still) hangs when a creating a new view scheme within a "root scheme" 
MT5FR

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 02:41:06 am »

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Dvico Dual Digital 4 in Oz (DVB-T). MC13 sees the card OK but crashes whenever I try to scan for channels...

EDIT: Just saw the separate thread re DVBT scanning and pending fix. Sorry.

craft

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 02:32:21 pm »

lyric tag action window doesn't remember scroller position, it keeps scrolling to the bottom and selecting the lyric text.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »

In Images, I have the panes: People, Occasion

I have the view set to People Thumbnails.

I then double click on a People group, to see all occasions involving those people.
This works, except some occasions involving other people are also included.
It seems to include all photos of people who are ever marked as being in any of the photos of the people I have selected.

For example:
I have 20 photos of Family, 20 photos of Friends, and 20 photos of Martians.
I have one photo which has Family and Friends in it, so the People tag is Family;Friends.
When I select Family, it'll show me all 40 Family and Friends photos, but not any Martians.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:42 pm »

Views have to be saved in each pane.

Not sure if this is a bug or I don't know what I am doing, but I have a particular view I want (e.g. a particular list of columns), I seem to have to set and save the same view in every individual pane.  It is a pain to set the same view in each pane.  It would be nice to have a saved view be loadable from every pane.  Did I miss something
John

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:21:23 pm »

... Yes, views have to be saved in each pane !   :( :-[ :-\ :'(

For me that is a bug !

Please fix this ...

Thanks.

Jean-Marc.

Media Center 13.0.61C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3198 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 461 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  Sleep Timer (Active)

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 12:39:28 am »

Hi !

I found a little bug in riping action :

The track number is often blank in ID3v1 (It is correctly wrote in ID3v2)

Please fix that ...

Thanks

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 06:27:43 pm »

Hi Jim,

Downloaded MC13 and registered with zero issues. I'm not even sure why I bother picking up MC13 as I only use MC12 as a jukebox for my 4000+ albums but I love your setup so much I want to stay on top of things. 8)

I  do have 1 issue up front that I could use some help with. I use the Mini mode (amped2) when "Playing Radio" and I always have it on top of any page, nontransparent. Transparent or nontransparent, I can't get the player to stay on top of a page so I can keep track of what's playing. What am I missing here in the Tools/Options page? Thanks and thanks for the email notification of this upgrade. Your music player is the best for my audiophile system. ;D

Cheers,
Robin

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 06:36:44 pm »

Thanks for the kind words, Robin.  I'm not sure.  Did you try a right click on the mini player.

Maybe someone else knows.

mrcorbo

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »

When using the new WASAPI output w/exclusive mode and an output buffer size smaller than 1 sec, frequently when stopping playback the sound continues to loop the last buffered amount of audio.  This is apparent because when you set the buffer to .5 sec it loops 2x per second and when the buffer is smaller the looping is faster.

Changing the value to 1 sec seems to prevent the looping, though there can still be a short noise after stopping playback.   

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 06:49:17 pm »

Thanks for the kind words, Robin.  I'm not sure.  Did you try a right click on the mini player.

Maybe someone else knows.

Yep, I found what I needed by right clicking the miniplayer. I don't remember having to do that with MC12 but everything's the hard way with me anyways. LOL

Cheers,
Robin

slwiser

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 07:26:53 pm »

What link gives me the upgrade pricing?

Norman24

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »

What link gives me the upgrade pricing?

I cannot find the link as well...

Norman24

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 07:50:08 pm »

Found it... ;D

rgjordan

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 13.0.61 Beta -- Download here
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 11:02:20 pm »

Can't download. Is the server too busy?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 01:32:50 am »

Media Center 13 won't detect my 160gb iPod Classic. This is a problem. Also, it seems some search queries are case sensitive for whatever reason.

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 02:06:37 am »

Given that v.13.0.59 was the last version to accept a MC12 license...
It seems that the MC13 version before last 13.00.61 is 13.00.54 :
Look:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/
Jean-Max

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 03:01:06 am »

Hi !

I can 't download the plugin "AutoEQ" to MC13 !  :-\

Please fix it ...

Thanks

Jean-Marc

(from "Skins & Plugins" there is no way to MC13 ... ?)

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 03:01:27 am »

Once you've successfully registered MC13, should I uninstall MC12? It seems silly to have 2 Media Centers on my Desktop that will require twice the amount of time to square away my music download information. But I want to make sure it's OK before I discontinue MC12. Thank you.

Cheers,
Robin

Jean-Max

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 03:23:17 am »

Once you've successfully registered MC13, should I uninstall MC12? It seems silly to have 2 Media Centers on my Desktop that will require twice the amount of time to square away my music download information.
Can MC12 and MC13 share the same database ?

If YES, one database update would be enough :)
Jean-Max

slwiser

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 05:16:38 am »

I am still waiting for a link that works to upgrade at the 14.95 pricing.    Everything link I go to gets me the 39.95 pricing.

slwiser

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 05:21:15 am »

Found it... ;D

Where did you find it?  I am not talking about the download link, I have the new version I just can't give Jim the money for the upgrade.

tommyd

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 05:23:04 am »

13.0.61 (10/20/2008)

Displaying long track list is slow. For example displaying entire library (about 9000 tracks) takes about one second. In MC 12 it is instant.
"Customize View" window freezes for 1-2 seconds after every change.  

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58:56 am »

It seems that the MC13 version before last 13.00.61 is 13.00.54 :
Look:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/
Those three files are all 13.0.61.  Because of links from other sites.  We're not providing older versions of MC13 now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 08:00:56 am »

Once you've successfully registered MC13, should I uninstall MC12? It seems silly to have 2 Media Centers on my Desktop that will require twice the amount of time to square away my music download information. But I want to make sure it's OK before I discontinue MC12. Thank you.
You should probably keep MC12 until you're sure you're not going to use it anymore.  You could delete the desktop shortcut now, and put it back later if you change your mind.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 08:06:55 am »

Can MC12 and MC13 share the same database ?

If YES, one database update would be enough :)
No.  I answered that question yesterday.  Please take a look at my old posts.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:02 am »

Displaying long track list is slow. For example displaying entire library (about 9000 tracks) takes about one second. In MC 12 it is instant.
"Customize View" window freezes for 1-2 seconds after every change.  
Anything special?  Custom fields? 

You could try resetting your views to default and reconfiguring all.

Please start a new thread if you want to discuss.

Pages: [1]   Go Up