INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error encountered while trying to play the last several files...  (Read 3807 times)

Santos

• Recent member

hi yesterday i have downloaded mc12 and i use it, all regular..then after one day, i open mc12 and i try to play song..and it show a message "error encountered while tryin to play last severl files, plese make sure taht the path in you media library points to the right location"

i try everything change location, change folder, reinstall everything 3 times but nothing..this thing appen only with audio files..video image and others thing works..only with song..evry song i open from the program or i chose in the pc and select open with mc12 dont play...always the same messagge..please help me cauz i want use thi beutyful mc12

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Error encountered while trying to play the last several files...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:48:35 am »

Welcome to Interact.  Do the files exist?  What file type?

Find one of the file in Explorer and play it from there.  What happens?

Santos

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:12 am »

no don't play nothing...only with audio files..mp3..the files all exist i ply it every day with windows media player.., and i never change folder of it..always in the same place...if I open audio files from the explorer its always the same thing..same message..but videos image and others tipe of files open without problem...tnx fo help

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:12:38 am »

When you move the mouse to the file in a list in MC, do you see a tooltip?  Check the location shown to be certain the file is there.

Santos

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 09:19:30 am »

i already checked the location, its right, the file is there..i think its a problem of coed maybe..or a plug in..or a system file damaged..i don't know..cause the problem is only with songs..video and rest works everything...if you think the problem of folder is impossibile cuz in the same folder i play a video or an image and it works..ive disinstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times..nothing..i change folde..change location..change options..nothing..ive downloaded other versione of mc..nothing..its for this that i thing that will be a problem of a system file damaged..a file of the program or a plug in damaged..i dont know

anyway i hop u undestand i dont spek a good english i'm italian..tnx for the help..im going crazy with this program..cuz i don't found a reason of this problem..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 09:24:39 am »

I understand you.  There are also people here who speak Italian so you could ask in Italian if you want.

It is unlikely to be a codec problem.

Uninstall, and this time, choose remove registry entries.  Reboot reinstall the latest build from our site.

It is also possible that the library is corrupt.  You could test by setting up a new library (File/Library/Library Manager) and importing a few files. 

If the library is corrupt, MC makes automatic backups that you could try.  Documents and Settings/[user]/Application Data [sometimes a hidden directory] ....

Santos

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:33:35 am »

ok I try now this thing..anyway i know what you sayn..the times i unistalled the program i deleted all the folder of j river..in programs and in apllication data..the hidden folder.. and then reinstalled...but now i try to uninstall and clear also the registry...how can I deletd the registry entries? tnx man you are a compare

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:33 am »

When you uninstall, that is an option.

Santos

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 10:49:57 am »

done it...nothing

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 10:59:24 am »

I'm sorry.  I don't know what the problem is.

Did the files change in any way you know about?  If they worked once, and they don't now, did you use another program to alter them?

Santos

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:33 am »

the file never change in any way..the first time i installed mc everything works..and then this thing appen..the files never change..the only program i use for the files is windows media player..tnx for the time man..i will use another pregram...sin caus mc is the most for me
Pages: [1]   Go Up