INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move iso and img files to Video. Click load and play?  (Read 4180 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Move iso and img files to Video. Click load and play?
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:39:01 pm »

I have seen several threads where people complain that they can't see the iso, img files etc from the documents section, under Theater View. Just set the data type to video I thought to my self. Not my best idea. It sure looks nice to have all mye avi, mpeg, mkv, iso, img etc under the same video category, but none of the image files load in daemon tools and play as they did under documents!

So, I move the image files back, and sure enough, they play. Is there ANYTHING we can do about this, or do I have to keep them in the documents section?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

Re: Move iso and img files to Video. Click load and play?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 03:49:06 pm »

I have seen several threads where people complain that they can't see the iso, img files etc from the documents section, under Theater View. Just set the data type to video I thought to my self. Not my best idea. It sure looks nice to have all mye avi, mpeg, mkv, iso, img etc under the same video category, but none of the image files load in daemon tools and play as they did under documents!

So, I move the image files back, and sure enough, they play. Is there ANYTHING we can do about this, or do I have to keep them in the documents section?
one thing you can do, and what i did if i remember well when i played around with iso's, is to go to 'edit view scheme' for the schemes i use in Theater View. and add data as media type (make sure that 'honor parent view scheme' is disabled). when you use more data mediatypes it can get a bit tricky about what you want to include, but playing around with the AND & OR statements can bring you far.
so in the end mc still sees the files as data but they show up in Theater View under the category you want them (wont work in mc 13).

:)
gab

edit:
to get all your video files and your iso files try this rule:
([Media Type]=[Video] or ([Media Type]=[Data] and [File Type]=[iso]))

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 04:29:48 pm »

Great ide Gab. Should have thought of that my self really...
It will also make it less problematic with auto import, as I don't have to change the data type every time something new is imported.
Goodie!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:00:09 am »

Works great in MC12  ;D
Does not work in MC13  :(
JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:59:45 am »

Does not work in MC13  :(

You're right. It doesnt. I can see the data files in Standard View, but not in Theater View.
Modified a scheme to include video and data, and the scheme don't even show up under Views in Theater View.
There is not even a setting to "Display in Theater View" any more.
What the heck is going on here?

gappie

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 08:09:53 am »

i said so...  :)

here is how it works now:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48145.0

and you could contribute here with some ideas when you want to:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48169.0

;)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:24:11 am »

Should ISO files always be played like data files, or is there a chance that some systems would have an ISO DirectShow filter?

Are there any other types that work like this, or is ISO the only special case?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 01:37:40 pm »

I'm not so sure about ISO and directShow filters. Never heard of it though.
ISO, img, nrg and other image files should be treated like data, yes. Or else there will be problems mounting it from within MC I belive.

The biggest problem here is that the option to add View Schemes in Theater View is completely missing. It's the same for Audio, and the rest of the categories I belive.
I just don't understand why this option have been removed? Some changes in the new view scheme GUI forced you to disable it?

EDIT
Just to be clear, this is a problem in MC13. Not 12.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 01:52:47 pm »

The biggest problem here is that the option to add View Schemes in Theater View is completely missing. It's the same for Audio, and the rest of the categories I belive.
I just don't understand why this option have been removed? Some changes in the new view scheme GUI forced you to disable it?

Options > Theater View > Audio > Configure

This interface will be enhanced later, but it provides the functionality to add and remove view schemes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 03:35:21 pm »

Options > Theater View > Audio > Configure

This interface will be enhanced later, but it provides the functionality to add and remove view schemes.

Yea. Havent see that one before. I'm still not able to add both Video and Data in a new view scheme though. No sign of the image files.
Not even Video and Audio works as it should. There have to be something more wrong here. Or am a missing an important point?

As for the new interface, I hope it's far from finished. It's at least five steps back in ease of use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up