INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc13 didn't remember changes i made to the library  (Read 1462 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
mc13 didn't remember changes i made to the library
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:24:13 am »

over the weekend i went through all my television episodes and labeled them all (series/season/episode/name/date (originally aired)/genre/etc)

a few things to note:
after editing the info in the library, i ended up changing the folder structure a little bit for some of the tv series. then when i reimported, it didn't remember the file changes i had made. for instance, all of my episodes of prison break were in a folder called Prison Break and i made the changes and it looked fine in MC13. then, when i changed the folder structure on the hard drive to Prison Break Season 1, Prison Break Season 2, Prison Break SEason 3, etc., i lost the changes upon reimporting of the new folders. this didn't make any sense to me as i thought when i made changes to the library, it updated the tag info (that box is checked in MC13).

also, only a few files have the "duration" listed. is there a way to pull the duration of a video into that field?

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: mc13 didn't remember changes i made to the library
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:09:23 am »

am i overlooking something extremely obvious?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:08:10 am »

... i thought when i made changes to the library, it updated the tag info (that box is checked in MC13).
Not all file types support tags.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:11:22 am »

so i have a lot of movies and tv shows on my hard drive in .avi form. there is no way if these files are renamed or their path changes or something and they are reimported for MC to remember the fields?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:41:15 am »

so i have a lot of movies and tv shows on my hard drive in .avi form. there is no way if these files are renamed or their path changes or something and they are reimported for MC to remember the fields?

Auto-import will preserve data for files that can not be tagged so long as you have it watching the _new_ location on the hard drive.

Another approach is to use Media Center to move the files.  It has tools for this and a My Computer view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zuiko

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 04:01:49 am »

Where is this data stored? Is there any thought of adding an option to create data files (XML or whatever) in the same directory as the media file containing this information (where the media file doesn't support it)? That way the data would be automatically preserved when the media is backed up or moved or whatever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up