INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Lunchbox  (Read 11359 times)

andrewq

• Recent member
Audio Lunchbox
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:26:24 am »

I've been trying to cancel my Audio Lunchbox subscription for a few days. Their webserver always ends with the message

"It appears that there is a problem with canceling this subscription. The Audio Lunchbox team has been notified about this error. If you would like to contact us directly to have us cancel the subscription you can send an email to support@audiolunchbox.com."

I've tried sending e-mails but do not get any replies. Since trying to cancel I have been charged for an extra month's subscription.

I understand that Audio Lunchbox LLC has been sold to Fluid Music and I've tried telephoning Fluid's Culver City CA heaquarters but the phone just rings and rings and isn't answered.

• Is this company in trouble?
  • Anyone have any other ideas for how I can cancel?
  • Should J River Media Center continue promoting Audio Lunchbox if they have such bad customer service?

Andrew

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Lunchbox
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:20:57 am »

We'll try to find out more.

whamacc

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:39 am »

I have tried to subscribe a few times over the last couple of weeks, but get an error message when I try to pay by credit card.

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:32:28 am »

Just an update: As multiple e-mails from different accounts have received no reply over several weeks, I faxed Audio Lunchbox's parent company, Fluid Music, and still heard absolutely nothing. My account remains active. It seems impossible to cancel my account with them as there isn't even the facility to change the credit card number.

I would recommend people not to touch this company until they sort out their dreadful customer service. I really think that JRiver should stop promoting them within Media Center.

Andrew

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 04:03:04 am »

We'll remove Audio Lunchbox.  Sorry for your problem.

Let your credit card company know.  They should stop the payments and may get part of your money back.

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 09:14:42 pm »

Thanks, Jim. I've contacted my card issuer so that at least Audio Lunchbox can't carry on ignoring the cancellation requests. Wonder how much longer they'll be around... The affiliate links on their website no longer work and the named staff on Fluid Music's website seem to be shrinking in number.... Shame. It was originally an interesting company before they were bought out.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 11:52:20 am »

I just wanted to note that I've had similar problems:  My credit card being charged despite online cancellation and no response to my emails.  Since I was being charged anyway, and didn't expect to be properly credited, I decided to download music for the current month.  However, now the ALB music server isn't even working and the 24 hour time limit for downloading music is is running out.

mole

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 07:48:57 am »

I too have been trying to cancel my subscription but have found that the "cancel subscription" web page is inoperative and all emails to "customer support" and those to Fluid Media are ignored.  In the Uk it is not possible to cancel a "recurring debit", which is the contact you enter into when opening an audiolunchbox subscription, and even if you close your bank account and cancel your credit/debit card the recurring payment will automatically re-open the closed account next time it is applied for and the debt with the bank will mount up month by month and can be re-claimed from you.
The answer is to send your bank a secure message advising them that you dispute any future recurring payments demanded by Fluid Media Network because you have cancelled the contract.  Under the UK Banking Code, the bank is then obliged to withhold payment and advise Fluid Media Network that the payment is disputed and tell them the reason.  Your bank will probably want copies of your emails/letters that you have sent to audiolunchbox/fluidmedia so make sure you keep copies.

I have contacted the Culver City Attorney (Fluid Media is a Canadian company registered in Culver City USA) and he tells me that I can register a complaint with either the Business Bureau at (310) 945-3150 or the Consumer Affairs Department at (213) 974-1452.  I have not yet done this but perhaps USA residents who are being ripped off by this outfit could do so by phone.
January 14. I have today emailed Culver City Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint about this company and am awaiting a reply.  I have also advised my bank that I dispute Fluid Media Network's right to withdraw any further money from my account.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 08:03:26 am »

If your bank will tell you where the money is transferred, the receiving bank should cooperate.  You might also get more information from the Secretary of State of California.  They would have the corporation papers, with names of individuals.  A complaint to the Secretary of State might also be possible.

What is their address in Culver City?

There is a Wikipedia article on Fluid Media:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_Music

In it are these names:

Lorne Abony, Chairman & CEO
Andrew Rivkin, President
Liz Murray, CFO
Chris Johnson, SVP

Yahoo Finance has this info:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FMN.TO

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 08:26:02 am »

In one of the press releases (on Dillards), I found this:

email brosen@trusonic.com.

For further information

Lorne Abony of Fluid Music Canada Inc., +1-310-665-9878 Web Site: http://www.trusonic.com

They are a public company on the Toronto Stock Exchange and they also own Trusonic.

A complaint to the Toronto Stock Exchange might also be possible.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 08:39:02 am »

I sent the following e-mail to brosen.
I'm CEO of JRiver.  Some of our users are also subscribers of your sister company, Audio Lunchbox.  They are reporting problems in cancelling their subscription.  Would you be kind enough to forward this e-mail to the correct person?

More info is on our forum here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48898.0

Regards,

Jim Hillegass

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 01:54:58 pm »

And I got this prompt response.

Hi Jim,

I don't know much about Audio Lunchbox, but have forwarded your request to someone that does.

Regards,

Dan O'Neill
Exec. VP, CTO
Trusonic, Inc.
doneill at trusonic.com
858-362-2310

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »

I Smell A Class Action Coming For Them...
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

hurdygurdy

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 09:37:06 pm »

Andrew, have you had any luck getting in touch with them yet? (Or anyone else with this problem?)

I'm trying to cancel my subscription right now and am having the same problem.

In the past when I tried to contact them via the support email address, the first time I got no reply, the second time I got a reply from the personal email address of the guy who I think is or was in charge. After that I contacted him several times and got replies immediately. Once when I asked to upgrade my subscription for the next month (there's no option yet on the site) and he wasn't able to get it done in time, he gave me 40 free credits. I actually cancelled my subscription with Emusic in favour of ALB because I found ALB's customer service so much better.

Now I can't get a reply from either the support email or his personal address. I guess I am just going to have to do the same thing and get my bank to block payment. This is really appalling.

hurdygurdy

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 10:45:35 pm »

I too have been trying to cancel my subscription but have found that the "cancel subscription" web page is inoperative and all emails to "customer support" and those to Fluid Media are ignored.  In the Uk it is not possible to cancel a "recurring debit", which is the contact you enter into when opening an audiolunchbox subscription, and even if you close your bank account and cancel your credit/debit card the recurring payment will automatically re-open the closed account next time it is applied for and the debt with the bank will mount up month by month and can be re-claimed from you.   

mole, I just found out it's the same in Australia. I have to thank you for mentioning that you can let the bank know you dispute the charge. I called my bank and was told - sorry, all you can do is cancel your card and even then you might still be charged. After reading your message, I called back to ask if I had the option you mentioned. Customer service sounded totally confused and transferred me to another department, who told me the same response I'd received earlier - that there was essentially nothing I could do. I pushed the point and they eventually found out for me I can dispute the charge in the manner you described. Thanks, because if I hadn't known, I would have had to accept what they told me the first two times.

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 07:56:12 am »

Andrew, have you had any luck getting in touch with them yet?

My bank expired my card, after I contacted them, so no payments could be taken. I then got an automated message from AudioLunchbox saying my membership had been terminated. I suppose that's one way to do it. They really are a terrible company.

marcdegroot

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 05:31:11 am »

Today I signed up at AudioLunchbox, totally oblivious to the recent developments of course. I got the membership plan, started shopping and then... nothing. I add songs to my "cart" or "lunchbox", but can't download them. The lunchbox and downloads sections remain empty so far.

Any ideas on what I should do now?

marcdegroot

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 05:39:35 am »

And also, I have (just to be sure) immediately cancelled my membership and I got a messege (on screen, not e-mail) that my membership and credits will expire at the end of this period.

aklein23

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 10:24:16 am »

asdf
Pages: [1]   Go Up