INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about M4A-MP4 and AVI playback in MC12  (Read 1123 times)

GabryRox

Question about M4A-MP4 and AVI playback in MC12
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:14:52 pm »

Hello all,
I have been a happy user of MC12 for several months now, but there is one problem that I cannot seem to figure out.  I have not been able to play M4A or AVI files (actually the audio portion of the AVI files play but no video shows up).  I have not really tweaked or added anythign to MC since my initial download, other than a slight adjustment to the sound settings.

In looking through this forum, it looks to me like MC uses DirectShow to enable playback of these types of files. I was about to download it, but on its Wiki page, I was that it (Windows Media Foundation)should already be uncluded in Vista (Ultimate), which is what I am running on my 3-4 month old, mid-high end Dell XPS-420.

So, since both this and DirectX-10 should already be on my PC, what else do I need to do to enable playback of these types of files?

Do I need to download the CCCP and configure that?

fyi - I do not have Quicktime installed, not do I really want to if I can help it.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

GabryRox

Re: Question about M4A-MP4 and AVI playback in MC12
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:42:26 pm »

Well, looks like I answered my own question.  Downloaded and installed CCCP and now have perfect playback of both M4A as well as the audio AND VIDEO portions of AVI files!  Excellent and very easy solution and I still avoided putting a darn Apple product on my PC:)!

JONCAT

Re: Question about M4A-MP4 and AVI playback in MC12
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:42:13 pm »

CCCP is very helpful. You can search for DC BASS filter here for more info on m4a playback (more options). Welcome to the forum!

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up