INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash on close  (Read 874 times)

IanDominey

Crash on close
« on: November 03, 2008, 06:06:55 am »

Hi, I recently upgraded from MC12 to MC13 and it's been absolutely fine and crash free, except for one slight issue.  MC13 never, ever closes gracefully for me.  Whenever I close it, I get a crash message and when I start it up again I get that little window telling me that it didn't close properly etc etc.

I'm running Vista 32 bit if that makes any difference?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Crash on close
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:37:12 am »

Could you enable logging in Help > Logging, get the crash, and then click the email logs and send the crash log to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

IanDominey

Re: Crash on close
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:34:48 am »

Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier.

It took me a while to track down what was causing this but I managed to resolve it.  It turned out that installing MC13 alongside MC12 left some problems with plugins that I had manually installed (a sleep timer and g-force).  MC13 was trying to use these plugins and wasn't finding them as they existed inside the MC12 file hierarchy.  Additionally, when I uninstalled MC12 the registry entries for these plugins remained and MC13 continued to crash on close.  I had to manually search for all instances media center and manually remove them from the registry.

MC13 is solid as a rock for me now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up