INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12 Sound Recorder won't respect maximum track length  (Read 2153 times)

BenFeese

• Recent member
  • Always learning!
MC 12 Sound Recorder won't respect maximum track length
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:01:14 pm »

Regardless of what I set the maximum track length to in MC 12 sound recorder, the recording continues indefinitely. Gap-based automatic track splitting work fine.  I am using the MP3 encoder and recording from the mixer.  Any suggestions? Are there any other settings which override the max track length setting?

Thank!

Ben
Live Forever.....Be A Teacher!

BenFeese

• Recent member
  • Always learning!
Re: MC 12 Sound Recorder won't respect maximum track length
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:30:03 am »

Still have not had any suggestions.  Can anyone help me?

Ben

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:34:24 pm »

This bug has been fixed for the next build of Media Center 13.
To work around it in MC 12, you could use the scheduler function: Services & Plugins > Scheduler > Add Task > Record Stream

This will start and stop the sound recorder according to the scheduled time.

- John T
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

BenFeese

• Recent member
  • Always learning!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »

Sorry to be so long in responding.
I have tried what you suggested.  I upgraded to MC13 and found that I still have exactly the same problem.  I set the maximum time to, say 2 minutes, and the recording moves right on past that limit without pausing.  Are there any other settings within the sound recorder that might affect this track maximum time limit setting?  I have tried both enabling and disabling automatic track splitting and it makes no difference. 
Your other suggestion, using the Scheduler function, does not help me, because what I want to do is to record streaming radio in consecutive chunks of say, 60 minutes.  I thought I could do this with the MC recorder, assuming that a new recording is begun immediately upon ending the previous one.  Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I would welcome any more suggestions.  Thanks for your help!

Ben

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:15:05 am »

... I thought I could do this with the MC recorder, assuming that a new recording is begun immediately upon ending the previous one.  Is this the way it is supposed to work? ...
Yes, it should work this way for MC13 versions newer than 13.0.70 (verify your version with Help/About...).
Do you have the 'Wait for sound...' and 'Enable automatic track splitting' options turned off?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up