INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power settings changed?  (Read 1373 times)

vbrook

• Junior Woodchuck
Power settings changed?
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:35:15 am »

Hi,

I've encountered a problem. Specifically, the power settings on my laptop are being ignored. This has happened after my installing both MC13 and the Streamzap remote control software. This is a laptop (XP Professional) that I use only for music playback, nothing else. I do have Firefox installed, along with Antivir, but that's all--and they hadn't affected anything previously.

I suspect the Streamzap software is at fault. (What an unusable remote---see forthcoming Amazon.com review!) but I wanted to check here, in the off chance that MC13 might have caused this.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks
VBrook

P.S. By 'power settings' I mean that the timings for 'standby' and 'hibernate' are being ignored. The monitor turns off as expected, however.

mlagase

• World Citizen
Re: Power settings changed?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:59 am »

You know, I was hesitant on posting a similar issue, but didn't think MC had anything to do with it, but here goes.

Lately, I've found that my screensaver does not kick in like it used to and since I normally keep my XP account logged in to all of the time, the only way I can get it back working again is to log off and back in.

I'd have to live debug this to find out what is going on breaking on the function call when the screensaver should be kicking in, but I just haven't had the time to do this unfortunately.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 06:08:25 am »

My htpc wakes up from Standby S3 right away when MC12 is open. Haven't tried it with MC13 yet. I'm pretty sure I had it working earlier. Same issue?

vbrook

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:12:04 am »

I thought perhaps an optional MC background task (e.g. analyse audio) might be the cause, but I checked my installation and none of those types of options are turned on.

mlagase, are you using MC13, and if so, did the issue only arise after you installed it?

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:39:34 am »

Yes, I am using MC13 (.62 build) and I was analyzing audio due to some imports that I was doing. It was around the time that MC13 was installed, but I did install one or two other things that might affect it which is why I did not report it right away since I doubted that MC was the culprit.

Right now after logging off and back on, things are good.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:41:19 am »

We disable the screen saver during fullscreen playback.  The method we use varies between XP and Vista + UAC.  If the program were to crash during fullscreen playback, XP's screensaver could get stuck off until a reboot.  Vista + UAC would not.

Other than a crash during fullscreen playback on XP, I can't think of any other way we could be changing the system behavior.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up