INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist help please  (Read 1420 times)

candrews9

Smartlist help please
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:58 pm »

I have about 2,000 albums in my library, and I am using RiverMote to control jriver through a touch iPod.

Rivermote has a limitation of 1,000 songs per playlist because of iTunes memory limitations.

I want to set up a bunch of smartlists (which RiverMote does recognize) so I can rapidly find all my songs by genre and album name.

So I need a smartlist, for example that shows all albums with the genre of jazz and an artist name that begins with a through j.

Is there an easy way to write this query/list?

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: Smartlist help please
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:17:55 pm »

A simple way (though there may be others) to do this would be to start out by creating 3 standard playlists and call them A-I, J-R, and S-Z.  Then pull up ALL of your music and drag all of your artists from A-I to the first playlist, the J-R to the second, and the S-Z to the third.  Once these playlists are created you will be able to create the desired genre playlists to be accessed through the RiverMote.

For example, you could have a smartlist matching all files in the A-I playlist with the genre of Jazz and so forth.

This will require you to update the 3 stock playlists as you add music, but all of the smartlists will automatically update once you have done so.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:14:20 pm »

The following should give you exactly what you want:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Genre]=[Jazz] [=IsRange([Artist],A-J)]=1

:)

candrews9

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:51:32 pm »

Brilliant, eba, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up