INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cute MP3 universe view - Can we have something like this?  (Read 1721 times)

Bobo4567

• Recent member
Cute MP3 universe view - Can we have something like this?
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:11:32 pm »

Hi,

before I became a MC user two years ago I used a similar tool MP3 Maker from a german vendor. Recently I got the information that they have a new version so I poked a little bit around to see whether there is something interesting we should have in MC.

Like MC they have also a track analysis feature. But now they programmed this new 3D view for the entire library. You can span the 3D view using the different characteristics of the music, e.g. denseness of the sound, instrumentation or tempo. Tracks with a "similar fingerprint" are bubbles closed together.

I think that this would be a great way to discover music that is on my harddrive which I normaly would not recognize!

Would love to see something like this in MC 13!

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cute MP3 universe view - Can we have something like this?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:05:14 am »

This looks interesting !!

Its actually an implementation of a MIT students thesis called Music Box.

Watch the demo video  :o

could this thread be moved to the 14 board, would be interesting to see the response

MtnBeachBum

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:47:25 am »

Man, that looks pretty sweet!

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:28 pm »

I've always found stuff like this really interesting - funnily enough I reckon it would sell software too! It's visual, it provides a useful function, and MC has the relevant audio analysis backbone to support it. It looks like it might be a lot of work to build it from scratch though...

I've often wondered what a "time line" view might look like as well, with tracks or albums or artists separated visually to represent time...

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:26 pm »

This is pretty cool.  Like darichman, I too wonder what a timeline view could look l like - either with density blobs or album art wrapped blobs.  The current 3D wall is interesting, but doesn't have too much meaning/use after a view or two.  Denser groups such as decade, genre, or audio analysis data might be useful.  Being able to drill in, and move about more rapidly might facilitate use.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up