INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date Field Reset (Sort of...)  (Read 1118 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Date Field Reset (Sort of...)
« on: November 06, 2008, 07:18:35 pm »

I'm getting an odd behavior with the "date" or "year" tag field in MC. Essentially the one's digit in the year is getting reset to 0 for roughly 1/3 of my songs. So if the date for a song was 1999 it changed to 1990.

I have no idea when or how this happened as I have not looked closely at the dates since I imported the library. All of the original tags were written using iTunes, so it is odd that I'm not getting this in all songs. It seems to be consistent across albums. I know that these were not incorrectly entered to begin with, as I'm very meticulous about entering this information.

Has anyone else had this happen (I tried to search, but it's a difficult topic to search)? Is there a known cause for this? Something about the way I imported? Something else I might have accidentally done? This doesn't seem like it would be a feature of any sort.

It's a pain that I have to go fix this now, but I want to be sure I'm not going to have this happen in the future at any point.

Thanks for any knowledge,
JB

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Date Field Reset (Sort of...)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:09:15 pm »

Upon further investigation (using another app) it appears that the date field is actually getting truncated to 3 digits. Maybe this rings more of a bell to somebody? I'm still coming up blank for causes...
Pages: [1]   Go Up