INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a quicker way to copy an existing tag to multiple files  (Read 1355 times)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
is there a quicker way to copy an existing tag to multiple files
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:15:30 pm »

This is mainly about tagging bios. Say I have an artist in my library which I have already tagged with a bio. Then I acquire a new album. Is there any quick way of tagging that one with the bio instead of having to do Locate > Artist, highlight a song with a bio, open the tag field, copy, highlight the new album, open the tag field, paste.

I know you can edit multiple tags through pane tagging, but I don't see how this can be used for a large field like bios. I think it would make the view scheme too slow to load.
Sue

JONCAT

Re: is there a quicker way to copy an existing tag to multiple files
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:06:11 pm »

I think you could drag and tag. Search the forum. You can drag files over to the tree onto the artist with the bios you want tagged.

Where are you pulling the bios from, AMG? There are some track info plugins that will display this for you after pulling it from AMG. I understand if you want the data in tags, but fyi.

DC

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »

Drag & tag? I'm not getting any useful results and don't really understand what you mean by that. I did the bulk of it with pane tagging, which turned out not to be as slow as I expected, but since I normally don't keep bios in my panes, I would still be interested in another way.

Sue

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:29:17 am »

If you open the folder in the tree w/o clicking on them (use the button next to them), you can access locations w/o removing files from what is displayed in the main section of MC (Tiles or Panes). You have to create a View Scheme that will utilize the all the tags you want written to the new files.

Then drag an album or in your case, an Artist tile onto the correct folder in the correct "drag n tag" view scheme, and MC will ask you to verify the tags about to be copied. Your basically applying all the attributes of the tagged files to the new files by dragging files over to the tree and dropping them on the correct folder.

Hope this helps.

DC

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »

Thanks for explaining. I'll try it next time.
Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up