INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Tag Lookup or is it me?  (Read 1270 times)

gandt

• Recent member
Poor Tag Lookup or is it me?
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:00:33 pm »

Just wondering if im missing an option somewhere. As my musical taste has explanded Im starting to find more and more music that just isn't on whatever JRiver use for their Tag lookup (hit rate under 50% now). I'd put his down to the obscurity of my tastes except that everything else i use does better (i.e. finds 95%) including products from Roxio (bad in loads of other ways) and dbpoweramp and itunes. Is there anyway of getting it to use gracenote or AMG or something even as a paid for option because its a vital part of the funtionality and is't cutting it for me at the moment.

graham

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Poor Tag Lookup or is it me?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:23 pm »

I usually use CDex for my ripping and immediately import into MC 13.  I do this because of apparent better lookup ability.  However, periodically I test MC and it seems to me to be getting better and better on lookup, but CDex is simple and highly effective.
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:41 pm »

Are you having problems with CD lookup or audio fingerprint-based track lookup?

The CD lookup should be of quite high quality.  Track lookup is more hit-and-miss.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gandt

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:42:02 pm »

The standard lookup when you first put a cd in the drive - although my taste is pretty obscure I have to say that pretty much everything else does better AMG, Gracenote, freedb its pretty much my only disappointment with MC12 or 13 - I always have to use something else to find the tracks and often as not they mess up the tags...

graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up