INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: click-dragging video in detached display mode  (Read 1410 times)

aeb3

click-dragging video in detached display mode
« on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:58 am »

I'm looking for a way to "lock" the video in detached display mode.  What happens to me occasionally, is that I accidentially click inside the detached display window and drag the video off-center.  I can't find any obvious way of re-centering, other than the hassle of trying to line it back up manually with the edges of the window.
I searched through the forums but couldn't find anything relevant...it's sort of an odd problem to try and describe, so I'll link a simple screen shot of the video being dragged off-center.
Thanks for your time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: click-dragging video in detached display mode
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »

You can left click on the video and drag it wiith your mouse.

aeb3

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:31:07 am »

Thank you Jim, for your reply.
I guess I didn't make it clear what I'm looking for: I'd a way to lock the display, to prevent the mouse-click moving the video.
I did a lot of searching on here, and was surprised to not see this mentioned more often, it's rather annoying when I accidentially click and drag in the window.  I use the detached disply mode all the time; with a wide-screen display, I like to have a video open on one side of the screen while doing normal work on the other side...it's very easy to slip and drag the video accidentially.
I found another post that describes the problem better than I did (unfortunately, there's no solution offered there)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48832

Thanks for your time.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:34:13 pm »

I kind of agree.  It's neat that I can move the picture around, but it's too easy to do by accident.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:30:13 am »

We previously tried not allowing picture movement when not zoomed in. That immediately raised objection from users. Some users need to move the picture at will.

If you always play in "Fit to Window" zooming level, the easiest way to recenter it is to use Zoom -> Fit to Window. Otherwise use Up/Down arrow keys to bring up OSD menu and find Horizontal Position / Vertical Position, and use Left/Right arrow keys to adjust.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up